Reproduction engine rings

Stevo

Hi All,

Ive been using this guy (gavin Carter) on ebay. I've had rings for Laser 70/80, Saito 50, 72 and 100.

In all a really excellent service - and none of them have failed. If you need a ring for an engine that he does not make yet - send him the piston and liner, and he'll make one. All lapped to size - beautiful.

Recommended!

I have had rings off him for an enya 53 which didnt really work brilliantly, and for an OS FF240 which worked really nicely. I cant say for sure that the ring was defective on the 53, its possible the liner was badly worn too. It runs, but compression isnt all that. The 240 on the other hand works well and has so much compression it fires all on its own if i over prime it!

I've used him before and will do again.

He has a list of engines that he has rings for, and can make them if there aren't.

For example I wanted a ring for a JC Evo engine, but when examined the head, the combustion chamber was egg shaped! A brand new engine, never ran, but defective. He sent the head back FOC and didn't want postage.

Having made a couple of sets of rings for a Tartan 44cc twin I appreciate the work involved and looking at some of the prices on eBay for replacement rings they seem very reasonable. Bores should always be glaze busted with lubricated 400 wet and dry paper using an up and down motion and rotating at the same time. Paraffin is good for lubing and helps stop the paper clogging and assists  the cutting action. Always wash liner in hot soapy water after glaze busting as abrasive can get into the metal and cause unwanted wear .