DB Cirrus Moth 40 Plan

I'm starting to think ahead for my next build which is going to be a DB Cirrus Moth 40 from a full kit which I have already. Am going to attempt to scan teh full plan into a PDF, but before I do I thought I would just see if there is a better source of an already successfully scanned plan already out there. Photo below is of my plan to prove I own it, but its pretty creased so not sure how well it will scan. Thanks

Advert

Please do not seek to PDF it. Discussions about photo photo copying for personal use I will ignore as I too build models so can appreciate why you would want one to cut up and one for your archives. I will also (at my discretion) sell the kit plans for people who acquire second hand models and wish to repair as per original and for who knows whatever other reasons crop up. I already have digital versions and they would be on the site for download if we wanted them distributed in that manner.

As soon as you digitise it a whole new element of risk is involved. Apart from the act of copying in the first place, all it takes is one mistake and then that plan becomes almost useless to the business. I have already had to have one removed from a well known free site (and I can helpfully/depressingly see how many times it was downloaded before I did). When I'm looking to make something back into a kit that will not now be on the list of possibilities. I have also had to contact a number of ebay sellers and another seller of associated bits.

I always do this with a friendly request although, disappointingly, a couple have made me make a firmer request. I have no choice but to do this despite what was suggested in some previous comments that I saw on here some time ago. It's not as if I gain any satisfaction or reward from these discussions. If you did this for all our plans and they were made free to download what do you suppose would happen then?

I get plans copied at our local Staples so that I can, as Richard says, cut them up to make managing them in my small workshop easier (or, in the case of a plan build, to help in cutting out parts) but that's it. I acquired my DB Tiggie part built with no plan, in fact I wasn't sure it was a DB Tiggie, but Eddie confirmed it was and sold me a plan for a very reasonable cost.

DB is one of the few companies still producing kits and anything that may compromise its viability is to be deprecated. The company needs to make a profit to survive. No profit means we lose a valuable resource. I doubt if running DB S&S will make Richard a millionaire but he needs to eat like the rest of us. I'd buy more kits from him but it's nearly a year since I bought my 58"ws Cirrus Moth and it's still untouched but is next in the queue

Geoff