Throttle cut

Neville Hill

Setting my 14SG for throttle cut presents me with a problem. Setting everything as per manual using switch SH and position to 25%, (pre-set is 17%) with throttle at minimum position and on operation of switch the servo increases engine revs and not reduces. ie operates the cut in the opposite way. I have tried reversing switch SH from OFF to ON but this then seems to stop the throttle working full stop. No good reversing the stick for obvious reasons. I have the Malcolm Holt programming manual but is not much help giving the same instructions as the Futaba manual?

I need help

Advert

Switch SH is a momentary switch Neville, and the only suitable stop switch

It is long, and goes back to original position when let go

There are other switches in that corner

Make sure you select the correct one.

17% will stop any motor where that endpoint is idle

Woops, meant to add, SH is a 2 position switch, it is already OFF, when in the correct

Pushed back position

It is ON in the forward position

The switch only has the ability to pass current in the forward position.

Reversing this particular on/off switch will result in off/off

Edited By Denis Watkins on 26/10/2017 14:48:49

I believe how throttle cut works is it gives you a percentage of the “ bottom “ range between the “limit “ and “end point”. Make sure you have a decent difference between the limit and end point.e.g 60% and 100%. For instance if they were both at 100% throttle cut would do nothing. As said the throttle cut percent do not need to be big if there is s decent difference between limit and end point. Alter the plus and minus as said above according to direction you need. 😊happy Flying

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 27/10/2017 06:09:28