Pilot RC Sbach 100cc

Rich too

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Elevator control horns fitted (holes needed minor drilling out), and servo arms done - the discs required trimming for clearance - I glued the horns to the discs before drilling for nuts and bolts. Fitting the servos into the elevator halves was a challenge!

img_2744.jpg

img_2745.jpg

img_2746.jpg

img_2747.jpg

img_2748.jpg

img_2752.jpg

img_2753.jpg

img_2754.jpg

Edited By Rich too on 04/03/2018 14:21:05

I feel your pain, Rich. Servos inset into the elevator halves is a really frustrating job especially trying to feed the servo wires back out the wing. Done it a few times now and still hate the design teeth. I know the other options are to have the servos showing outside the wing/fuselage in other kits, and for the sake of not enduring the grief shown here the unaesthetic look doesn't bother me. Nice job anyway. thumbs up

• 1 year later...

And then another first, I made my own servo extension leads. I made a few mistakes, but got the hang of it - you really need good eyesight for this which I do not have ! I am tempted to use dual rx's rather than rely on my wiring on just one!

img_5157.jpg

img_5158.jpg

img_5159.jpg

Edited By Rich too on 22/09/2019 14:43:05

Yup, Rich doing your own leads is the way to go. It took me a few goes to perfect it, but you won't look back.

When I start my 100 cc project (Extra 35cc) in the next week or two I will be using twin RXs . That's if I can decipher the Futaba manual! face 8 Nice to see the Sbach coming along now, she is a great looker.

Did you source the XPS X24 from the States?

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 22/09/2019 15:40:05

Yeah Adrian, I am not going to be comfortable with one RX! I might follow your lead wink

I did order the X24 from the States. I read up on it on the FG forum, there's a huge thread on the unit.

One thing on the extension leads, I have trouble getting the pins to click into place in the plastic holders/plugs?

Posted by Rich too on 23/09/2019 05:08:13:
Posted by john stones 1 on 22/09/2019 18:53:20:

I bought the make your own leads kit, not a chance of me coping with it, Gary does a good job mind. wink

haha! I can only just manage with my glasses on...

Get a set of cheap magnifying reading glasses. I find them make a huge difference for close up work

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 23/09/2019 08:35:02:

You'll probably find the integrity of of the plastic flaps is knackered using a screw driver to push them up with - they are so flimsy.

I use the screwdriver to give the metal pins a push from behind so shouldn’t damage the plastic.yes

Posted by Martyn K on 23/09/2019 08:40:39:
Posted by Rich too on 23/09/2019 05:08:13:
Posted by john stones 1 on 22/09/2019 18:53:20:

I bought the make your own leads kit, not a chance of me coping with it, Gary does a good job mind. wink

haha! I can only just manage with my glasses on...

Get a set of cheap magnifying reading glasses. I find them make a huge difference for close up work

I’ll look into that yes

• 3 weeks later...