Parcel farce/force.

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

I've always found them very helpful. They usually arrive before I've got up (we're usually in bed but awake listening to the radio - the joys of retirement!) but if it's the regular guy he knows to put stuff out of sight and signs for the HK packets that need signatures for everything.

My main gripe is that I'm still unsure as to what's the Post Office, what's Royal Mail, and what's Parcel Force. It was easier when it was all one - it worked, too.

Geoff

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/11/2017 15:07:36:

never had any bother with the parcel force lads.....thumbs up from me....may the force be with you.... angel

ken Anderson...ne..1.... parcel force dept.

I'd be careful what you say. You could get yourself in deep doo-doo writing stuff like that.

Our usual "parcel force lad" is a lady of the female kind.

Plummet

Well my experience with ParcelForce has been good for as far back as I can remember. They are not the cheapest I accept (much cheaper than UPS though), but some suppliers of the big kits tell me ParcelForce are one of the few who will handle oversize boxes. I would rather pay more to have the parcel delivered safely than, as has happened to me in the past, a cheaper courier has delivered the item bashed up and in bits! yes Like 'em!

Posted by Plummet on 27/11/2017 15:35:17:
Posted by ken anderson. on 27/11/2017 15:07:36:

never had any bother with the parcel force lads.....thumbs up from me....may the force be with you.... angel

ken Anderson...ne..1.... parcel force dept.

I'd be careful what you say. You could get yourself in deep doo-doo writing stuff like that.

Our usual "parcel force lad" is a lady of the female kind.

Plummet

.......................................................................................................................................................................

plummet-I know where the parcel would go if I called my delivery lad a lady.... kulou ..

ken Anderson...ne...1 delivery dept.

Hmmm.... I've had text messages saying "We are delivering to you today" only for the tracking to show the parcel has not even left the original depot. Chase it up on the phone and then "Sorry, we will get it to you before 12:00 tomorrow" and that not fulfilled either.

Interational "priority" delivery - the customs demand arrived after some days of the parcel sitting in the depot. Then again sitting in the depot for a further couple of days after I paid the customs charges. The item took longer to get the 30 miles from PF depot to me than to cross the Atlantic from Florida.

Another parcel actually delivered when the tracking said it was still at the depot.

The catalogue of balls dropped is endless and I lose count of the number of days of my life wasted waiting for PF not to show up. At least everything has showed up in the end. It's a shame because my local driver is ever so nice and they are always sorry on the phone, but the organisation is faulty.

Compare this to DPD who give you a 1 hour delivery slot and stick to it, certainly in my area. Only once have DPD failed and they sent another driver around later that day specially to bring my parcel.

I suspect with all these companies there are variations in service according to postcode lottery, so anecdotes probably vary. But my personal experience means that whenever I see an item coming by PF, I am expecting to be inconvenienced.