Heat sensitive adhesives

gerald stansfield

Advert

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 18/12/2017 15:08:30:
Posted by Denis Watkins on 18/12/2017 12:34:07:

Prymol is good

**LINK**

Primol isn't an adhesive. It's an etching primer for a film covering to allow paint or overlapping film to stick as I understand it.

Geoff

Sorry guys, I read the original post literally as

" the best adhesive for film covering "

I read this as sticking film to film, and suggest prymol

Film to balsa would be balsaloc or homebrew

Posted by Denis Watkins on 18/12/2017 12:34:07:

Prymol is good

Hi Dennis Prymol is only any good on covering overlaps or as a adhesion enhancer for paint on film and then only seems to work with Polypropylene based materials like Solarfilm original . I doesn't work very well with polyester coverings .

Gerald most iron on covering have the adhesive already applied and only need the heat from an iron and some pressure to fix covering. Coverings like Litespan or Airspan and some heavier tex type coverings need adhesive to be applied to the wood and allowed to dry before covering. There are a few around Balsaloc sold by Solafilm is well known but don't rate it Covergrip by DeLuxe materials is very good .Both are water based and dont smell. I use Clear Coat Fuel proofer undiluted as a adhesive on open airframes and a covering sealer but it is solvent and does pong a bit. We all have our own method and choice of materials so experiment and see what you prefer

Oops sorry Dennis you posted while I was typing . 

Edited By Engine Doctor on 18/12/2017 15:25:47