Hitec anyone else thinking of jumping ship

geoff dales

Amen Ken.. folk like to treat themselves to a shiny new thing.. but my old mam used to tell me.. "it's not what you have.. but what you do with what you have".. lots of guys have fancy golf clubs and play off 24.. I played off 2.. with a decent set and a little carry bag!!.. folk at the tennis club play with Rogers racket but play like kenny Rogers!!.. I'm with you.. sticking around dept!!. yes

Edited By extra slim on 27/01/2018 17:45:07

Advert

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 27/01/2018 14:27:12:

Geoff, also note that the £ price shown on HK is their dollar conversion, when you go to buy this will be turned into US$ and then your payment method will turn it back into £s, so you normally end up paying a bit more than the shown price, but as Bob points out above the big saving is the VAT as your transaction is with Hong Kong.

You still end up paying the VAT as it is charged as customs duty if over £15-20, plus often a £10 "handling charge". From the international store there are 2 versions one with an aluminium case which is more expensive. You might have to ring T9 to find which case they provide.

Personally, I'd look at the X10 or the X10S rather than the 12S. Essentially the same as the 12S but with a few tweaks to make it even better. Basically, go for the EU version and then buy EU receivers. Simple. They work just as well as the international versions. All the "X" series receivers work with the Taranis/Horus range. You have a choice of super lightweight through to normal size, including the stabilised receivers and the new long range receiver with a 10km range. Just wish my eyesight was that good.crook

Posted by Percy Verance on 27/01/2018 09:46:12:

Be careful Geoff. It'll be all too easy to end up with a set you may find it problematic to source receivers for. I'd take a deep breath and go for the UK supplied set. Ok it'll cost you more, but you'll have back up over the phone, and ready availability of compatible receivers. And should you have a problem, it'll be considerably more straightforward to resolve it.

Receiver compatibility is not a problem with FrSky, so long as you stick to the current range available for the last few years, not the legacy ones still available, though some of those still work. Even if you have an EU transmitter and an international receiver it is simple to change the firmware on the receiver to match.

Hi Always been a futaba man.

heard all the different arguements, seen the crashes, all very expensive.

funny how lots of people with expensive trannies put Frsky receivers in their cheap foamies and never get any problems.

I am one of those people.

seems the answer is staring us in the face.

Is this a Fashion Statement.

That guy with the pointie ears was a pretty good pilot, just ask Captain Kirk.

Captain it would be LOGICAL to use FRsky Trannies with FRsky receivers.

Also Frsky very reasonably priced.

Next System Frsky and another engine / Model in the price.

Dave

Posted by Percy Verance on 25/01/2018 16:42:59:

Matty, in fairly recent updates Mpx have increased the flexibility of the Profi firmware to include some of the functions and flexibility of the old 3030/4000 ranges. It's taken a while to get there, but it's a useful move for those whom miss the supreme flexibility of the 4000. I believe Multiplex have two full time bods working on the Profi firmware. Must get mine updated when I get a chance........

I was historically a Mpx user and huge fan, but here's the reality... a 16ch Profi costs £1025 with an RX, and pricing of additional RXs and telemetry add ons remains expensive, particularly compared to FrSky. Even with the upgrades it doesn't do anywhere near as much as a Jeti 16ch or any of the OpenTX based FrSky radios; it didn't have voice at launch, though I hear this has been remedied since. Even with 2 full time programmers (which I somehow doubt) they will never be able to develop functionality and do bug fixes as fast as the OpenTX team.

Put it all together and the obvious question is who is wants to speculate >£1k on a product that might at some indeterminate point have the functionality you want vs. one now that has it all already? I don't think there are many, and that's validated by the fact everyone I know who did use Mpx has now gone Frsky, Jeti or both. I hope they are selling plenty of Profis on the continent, as they definitely aren't in the UK.

Posted by MattyB on 29/01/2018 12:06:22: hope they are selling plenty of Profis on the continent, ........

I am on the continent, and a long time Multiplex fan (Mc3010, Royal Pro 9, Royal SX 16), but I don't see many Profi Tx's around. In fact I think there are none in my club. I am very happy with my Royal Pro, so I decided to add the Royal SX 16 (the yellow one smiley) to my inventory. You have to get used to the MPX way of programming if you are coming from another brand, but there is little you cannot program into the Tx. May be not if you are really going fancy, like switches operated by telemetry or composite logic switching. Telemetry is there, but without speech. I did buy it as a special offer from MPX complete with the Souffleur, but I have yet to try it.

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 29/01/2018 16:38:47

Posted by MattyB on 29/01/2018 12:06:22:

Put it all together and the obvious question is who is wants to speculate >£1k on a product that might at some indeterminate point have the functionality you want vs. one now that has it all already? I don't think there are many, and that's validated by the fact everyone I know who did use Mpx has now gone Frsky, Jeti or both. I hope they are selling plenty of Profis on the continent, as they definitely aren't in the UK.

You're preaching to the converted on both sides of the argument, I think.

Well x12s eu model with neck strap and case uk plug ordered from hk uk warehouse for £150 less than than t9. Done in on credit card so any problems I can use section 75. As for previous comments about wanting something shiny and new that’s simply not the case I’ve been a happy hitec user for a good few years but hitec ar nt keeping up with my modelling needs with number of channels and that you car nt run dual receivers which I’d be happier doing in some models. I’m sure I will still be using hitec in some models for some time to come until I’m totally happy with the x12s thanks all for input

Posted by geoff dales on 29/01/2018 18:13:32:

Well x12s eu model with neck strap and case uk plug ordered from hk uk warehouse for £150 less than than t9. Done in on credit card so any problems I can use section 75. As for previous comments about wanting something shiny and new that’s simply not the case I’ve been a happy hitec user for a good few years but hitec ar nt keeping up with my modelling needs with number of channels and that you car nt run dual receivers which I’d be happier doing in some models. I’m sure I will still be using hitec in some models for some time to come until I’m totally happy with the x12s thanks all for input

Don't forget to report back your thoughts when you've set up a few models.yes

I ain't a FrSky user, (spelled right?). But given a competent user, I'm not seeing any problems with its use. Slightly envious not FrSky user. Not buying, mind. But when I am, I have an adapted tranny  on a tray. You do the maths.

God I hate spell checkers. I can't spell. But even I, am better than those idiot pieces of software.

Edited By Don Fry on 29/01/2018 19:01:02

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 29/01/2018 18:41:50:
Posted by geoff dales on 29/01/2018 18:13:32:

Well x12s eu model with neck strap and case uk plug ordered from hk uk warehouse for £150 less than than t9.

That's an excellent price, and being from the UK warehouse avoids any nasty customs duty charges.

Enjoy!