nearly there DH82a long build

flight1

The shipping lable on the box was 1989 from Germany from Toni Clark, i have had it off the previous owner a fewsurprise years ago and its nearly there 30% DH82a Tiger Moth its very much stand off scale for lots of flying(hopefully) finished in real aluminum dope/diatex an livery is of a Royal Australian Navy tiger moth North west territory post war.

img_20180224_174320433.jpg

Advert

Posted by PeterF on 26/02/2018 22:19:24:

Looks great and a prompt to get on with finishing mine. Good to see the dining table being used correctly.

Thats what I said to the other half , but i did have to hide for a bit and it was a long list, even tough i tride to explain it was far too hyperthermic to set rigging up out side

Flight 1,

That is a good looking Tiger. What do you mean by "North west territory'. This Tiger was one of three transferred from RAAF to RAN for training in 1954. All retired 1958. The NW code on the fin indicates the aircraft was based at Nowra in New South Wales. A17-692 now flies with the RAAF Museum, Point Cook, Victoria.

Posted by Robert Welford on 27/02/2018 09:09:47:

Flight 1, what engine are you using?

I too have a TC 30% Tiger Moth kit to build - it's just a time thing!

Yes the time thing is always pressent but i lernt you can't make time you just have to assign some a bit at a time.

As for the engine i have gone a bit ott with a toruePro 70cc which i got cheeply a couple of years ago so we will see . a 50cc petrol 4 stroke would be fine or go with there ZG38 engine with geared reduction drive