David Vaughan

Advert

That is a real shame Richard,

I spent some wonderful days flying, chatting and learning with David, and that is an Iconic Photograph of the Man with his Tiger shark. (version/rebuild 2.5)

I asked him many times if he would sell it, and always received the same reply " I can't sell one of my Babies"

I will miss him.

D.D.

Sad to hear this. Was hoping to meet him one day to show him the restoration of his 1/4 scale SE5A which I have tried to bring back to it's former glory with my limited ability, tis nothing like the past master did but I have tried. He only lived down the road and it is one big regret I never made it. RIP sir,I can see why you were so admired as a builder and designer..

I am sorry to hear his news Richard. I have only met him a couple of times (when I was still in my late teens the first time) when he took the time to explain to me some of his detailing and finishing techniques he used on his Mustang. As a young and still comparatively new modeller it was a privilege that he took time to explain these things to me. It also encouraged me to do more detailing on any scale or even semi-scale warbird. He was a much admired designer, builder and flyer RIP David.