Windermere Model Waterplane flyers events 2018

Just a polite reminder for anyone wishing to come along to our event for the first time: please remember to bring proof of insurance (BMFA, LMA, SAA we aren't choosy) and you need to have BMFA A cert or SAA equivalent to fly solo due to the nature of the venue. We do have several BMFA Instructors & Examiners on the committee and in the club generally, so if you don't have an A cert we would have someone to supervise your flying.

Some pictures to show the access to the lake shore and the flying site:

thumbnail_img_20170423_094727.jpg

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I got my Carbon Cub out from winter storage yesterday, flew it on wheels this morning to check & have just now fitted the floats. My masterplan is to get to the LMA show in Haydock as soon as it opens Sunday and after a quick look round continue up the M6, all being well hope to be with you about lunchtime.

Well I think it's safe to say we had a successful first day!

26 pilots booked and enjoyed some ideal conditions. The sun shone and hardly any wind blew. It was cool but spring was definitely in the air.

Some general pics of the day below. I'm hoping that some of the people who were pointing proper cameras at the models will have some flying pics!

pict2839.jpg

pict2842.jpg

pict2844.jpg

pict2838.jpg

Edited By Alan Gorham_ on 25/03/2018 07:23:20