Hawker Hurricane MK1

Time for a little update. I've pushed on a little more, finished glassing and got some primer on the tail feathers.

Need some more prep on the fuselage and wing prior to priming them - hopefully tomorrow, weather permitting.

I'm keeping on keeping on....!!

Glassed fuselage and components

img_20180825_112133764_hdr.jpg

Moulded light reflectors

img_20180806_125926857_hdr.jpg

Primer at last!

img_20180827_193434029.jpg

Advert

Hi All, Crikey this is tight! Sorry for radio silence Ive been head down on the Hurricane so thought I had better just get on with it! Must just be me - things seem to take me three times longer than planned! Anyway here's where I am... photos to share. I'll keep on going!

Hope you like blue!

Elevator actuator hidden away.

img_20180903_192407406.jpg

Final dress rehearsal before topcoats

img_20180905_091335036.jpg

As of today.....

img_20180906_133550171.jpg

Edited By Harry Twist on 06/09/2018 14:00:31

Hi All, just about there! Painting and decaling all done, wing servos in and I'm calling her pretty much done - just needs balancing and control throws sorting. Paint is taking a while to harden and I'm loathed to over handle the model at the moment.

So here are a couple of final pictures to show the finished model.

img_20180907_232044547.jpg

img_20180907_232545056.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi all, Thought I would add some final notes and comments to my build blog for the Hurricane PSS build.

The model did take its maiden flight at the PSS mass build weekend and has also flown a couple of times since. For me I find it an absolute joy in the air, it carries plenty of energy in flight, turns beautifully and flies with a very scale presence and scale speed ( ie not too quick!).

The model ended up at a final weight of 3lb 14oz.

The paint did finally harden off and is now protected under matt lacquer! The effect of the decals has impressed me, they bring the model to life - the long horizontal stripes were awkward to get right but I'm happy with the result.

So for anyone looking to have a go at a PSS build, I would say put the Hurricane on your short list! The path is trodden, 21 Hurricanes were successfully maidened in one day, and there's lots of people on here who I'm sure would offer support and help if needed during construction.

So finally - many thanks to Matt Jones for the concept and prototyping and to Phil Cooke for leading and driving the project along to its highly successful conclusion. Below are a few photos of the completed model and maiden launch ( credit to Phil Cooke for the two airborne photos and thanks John Hey for the launch!).

Pictures below:

img_20190227_093114438.jpg

img_20190227_093139971.jpg

hurricane launch.jpg

hurricane flyby.jpg

Fly by - wing lights... just visible!