im now an X10 owner

r6dan

Advert

There is one additional reason to go to OpenTX that shouldn't be underestimated - if you do have a problem with FrOS there's only a tiny number of people using it who can help you. I know multiple X10 and X12 owners as well as 50 or 60 X9D owners (which of course can only run OpenTX); literally none of them use FrOS.

Contrast that with OpenTX, where the pool of information online is absolutely huge (especially at OpenTXU, RCGroups and Youtube). Most clubs also have at least one or two users you can talk to in person. Both systems are necessarily more complex than a basic 6ch "big brand" TX complex (you couldn't have all that cool functionality without some additional options to choose from), but only one has a huge, vibrant end user support network to help you when you need to improve your understanding.

Edited By MattyB on 18/07/2018 10:40:14

Just to add my thoughts....

I'm a Taranis user and I do most of my model setup directly onto the tx, not because I'm against using the Companion, but at the field it's much simpler to make amendments and adjustments without having to resort to a PC.

I'm not so sure that I'd find it easy to find my way round the tx menus if I wasn't familiar with them.

GDB

For some reason the FrSky hardware and Microsoft don't play perfectly together. You'll find that every now and again, with a Windows update, Microsoft will think it knows better and will pick the wrong driver again. So when you have these symptoms again, just go through the Zadig process again. As detailed in that instruction sheet.

I did all the Zadig interface stuff to use Companion but, to be honest, I do all my model set ups on the transmitter as I did with my Taranis and my Mutliplex 3030 before that. On the Horus it's very easy to use and it means I check it on the actual model as I'm setting up.

What I do on my PC is backups and images from photos of my models which is fun but not absolutely necessary.

Geoff

That’s interesting, so am I right in thinking I can put open tx on the sd card and not actually have to connnectvthe radio to the computer at all ?

I’ve been faffing and read so much info I can’t make heads or tails of it, I think I’ve just confused myself 😂

now im really confuzzled hahahaha i got a pm off Mike Dailey, one of the the chaps who writes all the how to guides on open tx site who actually said he doesnt bother with it on his Horus x10 as the new frsky OS on it is so good!!