Account deletion

250quadguy84

Advert

Heya it's more to do with Google search and cached images that have been removed and my name in threads im trying to clean up. As I am trying to use a different forum name. Can it stop posting as my name? I have changed my name in settings but still showing.

Indeed I may return later down the line

Posted by Ikura on 18/07/2018 07:02:02:

There has to be a mechanism to erase a person's account and personal details or it is breaking the GDPR legislation.

No company, organisation or website is legally able to withold a persons information or maintain an account when the person in question has requested it to be deleted.

Accounts have to be deleted and the registered personal information along with it.

Correct - it's the so called "right to be forgotten", though in the regs it's the right to erasure...

Full details from the ICO site.

Edited By MattyB on 18/07/2018 09:27:07

Posted by 250quadguy84 on 18/07/2018 00:10:23:
If you can't remove my account can you change it so its renamed 250quadguy84 and posts as that? Thanks

It's easily enough done, Darren - for the benefit of other just click on the 'Settings' button at the head of the page, go to 'My Profile', then change the name and click on 'Save'thumbs up

I've done it for you, as you can see. Look forward to your return - most do!teeth 2

I'll refer the GDPR issue to the admin folk...

Pete

Darren

Before you get Beth to delete your posts etc, please be aware that it could affect the flow of any threads you have contributed towards. Unless there is a particular reason for wanting to delete your posts, I would urge you to reconsider for the sake of other readers.

Hi all, thanks. I am just trying to clean up my online presence that's all.i have tried to change name in settings before and use Google removal tool but still no good as it contains my name, iv been moving all forums to different naming conventions

That would be good Beth if you could, if I come back at I'll create a fresh account with a new name.

Thanks

I've spent the past 40 minutes going through all your posts since 2010, deleting those which you had edited and in which your name appeared - and there were a heck of lot of them!

Your name no longer appears in any post on this forum. If you are happy with that, please let me know.

Please note Gary's request above - deleting posts/threads completely will be quite disruptive....

Pete