Bit of a new Horus X10 problem.

trebor

On starting to install opentx onto my new X10 I put companion onto nice portable laptop but somehow as I was just about to copy the Frsky os for a backup I swiped the extremely sensitive soft touch and moved a file by accident now my Tx will not start up correctly crying

My Tx will start saying , no model file, select to create or shut down. If I create a model the Tx will start and I can delete the model I've just started but then I cannot select between Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, Multicopter, Custom.

So I had a look to see if I could find anything and came across a system folder in the trash can with 2 files and 5 folders inside. Airplane/ Custom/Glider/Helicopter/Multicopter/transmitter file. size 36,018bytes

Now it seems these could be the ones but not sure where they should go. Any advise would be helpful.

Advert

Well I tried to restore and it looked as though the folders and file returned but the size is different so I don't know for sure. This is a nightmare, I keep saying to myself never again, me and computers are jinxed, not sure how I,m going to sort this.

It took me all day just about to figure out where my files went but were up and running. The last bit of writing the new firmware felt abit risky and the first time it didnt work as I had plugged the Tx in with the display powered on blush Still its working now all I have to do is transfer my files across from the Taranis frown what could go wrong laugh

Remember Trebor, when copying models across use the two windows method. A window with the Taranis models and settings in and a window of the X10 models and settings.

Copy models from Taranis window to X10 window then send the now X10 models (and X10 settings) to the X10.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 23/07/2018 19:15:55

Now I am confused, do you mean copy the Taranis files through a Taranis / companion radio profile into a folder then copy the folder through a X10 companion radio profile onto the X10 ? Only asking because I can cockerel it up really easy laugh

OK let's see if I can put this into words and pictures. It sounds like you've come a long way. Lets get this bit right too.

1) Leave Companion in X10 Radio profile throughout.

2) Open the file that you saved from Taranis. (Or "Read models and settings" from Taranis).
You'll get this message, but just click OK and the models will be converted to the format of the radio profile you are in (X10).

copymodels1.jpg

3) Leave that window showing all the models open on the left hand side of Companion.

4) Connect the USB to the X10 and then "Read models and settings" form the X10. That will open another window - put that on the right hand side of Companion.
Below, in the Right hand window I have nothing (But it does contain my Horus "settings".

copymodels2.jpg

5) Next I add a few categories to the right hand window. This is up to you to decide what categories you want, if any.

6) Below, after adding the categories, I've dragged and dropped a few models individually across from the left hand window to the right hand one (or you can highlight a model and use the "Copy" button just above and "Paste" it over on the right.).

copymodels3.jpg

7) Once I have the right hand window arranged as I like it, I make sure that window is the window that's highlighted and then with Horus connected I "Write models and settings to radio".

This will copy the models, arranged into categories to the Tx ALONG WITH the Tx settings from the X10 from when we opened that window in the first place.

So we've copied the models across but kept the radio settings correct for each transmitter.

IMPORTANT. The conversion process isn't perfect. You need to very carefully check every function of each model, including failsafes etc, before committing to flight.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 23/07/2018 20:06:30

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 23/07/2018 20:19:21

Mike, had Trebor stuck to the only thing he possibly could have done with a JR 388 - namely enter all his models manually from scratch - then there wouldn't have been a thread.

But if you want to do all the extra things that the great flexibility offers, then you need to learn how.

It certainly isn't for everyone. There's a lot to be said for only having limited options, especially if those options still include everything you need.

Good morning, well I transferred the Taranis model files through companion to a saved file. Changed over the radio profile setting to X10 radio, opened the Taranis file which the screen came up with the model converted window like you said. Model list now on screen, tried to read models and settings from the radio but all I get is this error crying I cannot get the X10 to reveal the files anymore through Zadig, cant find the stm boot loader now.

2018-07-24.jpg

Connecting to the computer in the X10 tx screen I get a choice of Usb joystick (HID) or Usb storage (SD) I select the storage option but still no connection to the computer. the only thing that pops up in the Zadig device box which relates to this is the Frsky X10 joystick no stm boot loader which I had before dont know

Have you created an image folder for the Horus SD card and pointed Companion radio settings to it? This my setup for an X12, the SD card image is under SD Structure Path and needs to be a copy of your SD card.

horus companion settings.jpg

folders.jpg

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 24/07/2018 12:24:46

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 24/07/2018 12:26:04

I've just tried myself and I get the same message if I leave the Horus set to USB Joystick. On the X12 I need to highlight Storage (so it's orange background) and hit enter.  On the X12 the selected field is orange, not white.  Seems backwards to me but that's how it is.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 24/07/2018 12:32:00

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 24/07/2018 12:17:03:

Have you created an image folder for the Horus SD card and pointed Companion radio settings to it? This my setup for an X12, the SD card image is under SD Structure Path and needs to be a copy of your SD card.

To be honest I didn't put anything in there yet, not sure what it does dont know I did find out what I was doing wrong with selecting the sd usb or the joystick usb path on the X10 screen. I had the opposite one selected all the time. All in all I found this a bit confusing not having much in the way of computer skills the instructions on line are good but lacking the obvious small details that if not done correctly can make a big ballcock of things. I thought I had transferred 1 model over but when I looked at the radio all models had transferred which confused me surprise

If you open Amber there's a folder SOUNDS. Copy this folder to the root of your SD card so that it updates the current SOUNDS folder on the card, not into the SOUNDS folder itself. It's easy to copy SOUNDS from Amber into your SD card SOUNDS folder so that you end up with a structure SDcard>SOUNDS>SOUNDS>EN>. Too many sounds!

ps - it all clicks after a while, it's just a bit of a learning curve.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 24/07/2018 16:49:32