RC Hotel

Ian Jones

Advert

img_20180824_122640.jpgAh, right, so your mobile phone will not give you the full editor for posting (images etc.), Then switch to the desktop site and your in.

Here at the RC Hotel is been blazing hot every day until today with a threat of rain is been cooler but more muggy, didn't stop me flying thoughsmiley.

Anyway, here's a few photos.

img_20180823_114556.jpg

Hi Andrew,

Pretty much what it says, you can bring your own model (s), or if you want as in my case and most others I think, fly the models provided by the hotel. I'll get some more photos done and post them.

The hotel is near Poulades, an inland site with extremely helpful and friendly staff. It is family run and the owner, Spiros, will do what he can to try and arrange anything you may need of its at possible.

Edited By Ian Jones on 25/08/2018 11:57:11

I have been eight times and will be there again in a couple of weeks. Everything about the hotel from the owner Spiros, the staff, the accommodation, the food, the bar and the flying is excellent & great value for money. It is located in the centre of the island west of Gouvia - about 15 minutes from the airport by car.

My wife has been several times and enjoyed it very much....

Go for it!

Jon

Posted by Tim Hooper on 27/08/2018 21:15:28:

We had our first visit there last year, and we're going again next month. 'nuff said!

Tim

Speaking to those here it seems there are a lot of regulars. Actually Tim, your review helped with my decision to go there . Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Tim Hooper on 27/08/2018 21:15:28:

We had our first visit there last year, and we're going again next month. 'nuff said!

Tim

It will interesting to hear your thoughts after a 2nd visit, improved/declined, enjoyed more/less, etc.

Say hello to Spiros, Angelo, Ashley, Chris and all for me please.

Edited By Ian Jones on 19/09/2018 14:37:21

Posted by Jon Laughton on 25/08/2018 14:01:52:

I have been eight times and will be there again in a couple of weeks. Everything about the hotel from the owner Spiros, the staff, the accommodation, the food, the bar and the flying is excellent & great value for money. It is located in the centre of the island west of Gouvia - about 15 minutes from the airport by car.

My wife has been several times and enjoyed it very much....

Go for it!

Jon

Posted by John Lee on 27/08/2018 18:02:40:

Magic place, I've been going 2-3 times a year since it started in 2000

Likewise John & John, what's your impression over the years?

Edited By Ian Jones on 19/09/2018 14:39:21

My wife and I went for the first time early September. I really enjoyed it. The pool area is nicely landscaped and supplied with chairs etc (and a bar close by) so if your partner likes sitting round a pool its great for them too. While we were there everyone else we spoke to had been there before (mostly more than once). Spiros said that about 80% of his business is repeat customers. Food was very good too.

Posted by John Lee on 27/08/2018 18:02:40:

Magic place, I've been going 2-3 times a year since it started in 2000

Likewise John & John, what's your impression over the years?

Fundamentally there has been no change - it started as Spiros's dream to provide a superb holiday venue for RC enthusiasts and it has remained so ever since. Many of the staff/family have been there since day 1 and they provide an excellent service.

However over the years there has been the big change in that the facility moved from the first rented hotel to the present purpose built, owned, complex. Since the move the new hotel has been subject to continual improvement and is a very good holiday hotel in its own right, even discounting the RC element.

The RC fleet & training has changed in line with the trends seen in your local club - 2.4, more electric, the popularity of foamys, heli's declining, quads emerging etc etc.

I'll be back again next year.

No you would not starve Garry, put on weight more likely. There is plenty of choice in the menus, which change daily.

Sundays are the days for the traditional English Roast dinner, Wednesdays are BBQ, you can have a full English Breakfast every day if you like.

Spiros worked in the hospitality trade in Yorkshire in his youth, that & the predominance of UK guests means he is well used to such requests. Plenty of Greek food also on offer if you feel adventurous one day. Have a look here