What cc petrol engine ?

Rocker

I have decided to try a petrol engine (Never had one yet ) It seems this is the way the hobby is going now .All the main engine manufacturer are going over to petrol and dropping the big glow engines .I like the look of the DLE 20 RA petrol engine.The model I am going to put the new petrol engine in is for a 120 to 150 glow four stoke engine so if I am right the 20cc petrol engine is the cc I need I think the 30 cc will be to much .Can someone with a bit more knowledge on petrol engine help me out here .I think the DLE petrol engine are OK and I think 20 cc is the one I need .

Advert

Yes ,just read the thread on DLE engines and they all mention how really noisy they are .Our club does not have any noise restriction ,due to fact we fly in the middle of nowhere but that does not mean I will fly a noisy model just wondered about the NGH petrol engines from "Just Engines " Would they be better on the noise level because " Just Engines do a after market silencer for there NGH engine .It just they look a bit cheap and I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for but I have heard good reports about the NGH engines and "Just Engines " have a very good reputation Anyone had one long term who could give me a report on the NGH engines

Rocker it's a good job your club has a no noise restriction as my friend and I have been trying/testing home made and bought mufflers/canisters for a Zenoah and a DLA 30cc engine for some months as our club has a strict 82db noise restriction. You name it we've tried it, got to 84bd (homemade) and that's it. I know noise in the air is a different matter but no pass of the 7mtr/82db limit means no flying. We have concluded so far that all home made or bought mufflers need to be far bigger that what is on offer over the counter . Marcle LMA this weekend a trader was selling Chip Hyde canisters which as they are made in the USA seem to working to getting under 90db, ask me how I know as we bought 2 at Cosford. We are using a calibrated BMFA approved noise meter for our tests. Good luck.