Wot 4 MK3 Classic

Devcon1

Thanks cymas, not sure if it's Russians chasing Americans or vice versa.

The end is in sight, details parts of covering done. The rest tonight. I do not enjoy doing wing tips in film, the finish so far is not very neat.

20181229_102437.jpg

20181229_102515.jpg

Just off to watch the mighty Mariners chance their luck at Exeter FC. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Rich too,

The hinges were a bit bendy and because the hinge centre stood out quite a bit to get the correct pivot point there was too much flex. The little bit of snake outer added a lot of stiffness. As I'll have large deflections on the surfaces they needed to be strong.

In reality I should have been patient and ordered some of the heavy duty Robart versions which would have been better.

Almost finished, just need to add some more decoration.

The under the skin bits are temporary tattoos which after a coat of Johnsons Klear should be fine.

20190101_203008_001.jpg

I used some old Revell 1/32 F14 plastic kit underwing fuel tanks cut in half to make the 2 of the servo shrouds.

20190101_220325.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi there Devcon1

Did you ever finish and fly this Wot4 ?

I have just acquired an old Wot4 Mk3 and was thinking of converting it to electric ... Do you have any more details of your installation , and how it performs .... assuming you have managed to get it airborne and get some hours on it ?

Love the pale grey scheme , most interested to see what kind of colour accents you added to give the final effect.

cheers

Ian

Lots of people have converted old balsa Wot 4 to electric.   One way is shown on the Chris Foss website -check out both Wot4 and Uno Wot for slightly different version which could work on either.   ( one uses Velcro while the other uses cable ties and needs a ply plate for each Lipo - either could be used )

There are recommended motors on the 4Max site but others could be used.

Edited by kc