Feugray TR_260

Ron Norris

"Three Servos" is part of the standard sub editing. You only need 2. I didn't even list the number of servos in the data box.

The quick way to see the other side of the wing is to rub the plan with paraffin. It goes transparent. It will dry out after a day or so. You could trace it on to tracing paper. Several A4 sheets taped together.

I can supply copies of the orginal two sheet drawing if anyone wants them at roughly cost. just PM me.  You get both wings and also the fuz is in one piece. This is NOT to make a profit, just to help out modellers.

Doug, You are already in credit because you sent too much for the MD drawing.

Hi Peter,

I'll have a two sheet plan as well if you don't mind, same address as before? The print quality of the free plan is as good as the one for the Miss D.

By the way, the data box in the mag article does specify three servos but now you've confused me completely (not difficult as I'm only a lowly sparky), I thought the flying controls in the wing were as your other designs; central servo and push-rods / bell-cranks?

I've already ordered a new SC 35 from Al's

You will also need a Pitts style silencer from Just Engines to fit the SC.

You could make a channel in the belly for the standard silencer but I haven't really looked into that.

The Just Engines Pitts silencer needs a modification to move the pressure tap, this is a 4mm nipple. The BCM Pitts silencer from the same source is more expensive and uses some American thread which is not easy to tap out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just making a start on the 460 which I intend to power with an Enya 41 FS. Any views? 

Having just made a start on the ribs I'm confused re R2a & R2b where 1/2" Balsa is called for R2a. On the Wing Plan 2a appears to be 1/8" & 2b 1/4". I am thinking that if the wing dowels are to be 1/4 diameter then 2b should be 1/4" thick.

Thanks for your comments Peter.

I'm very pleased to have found a suitable subject for the Enya which I had bought at a bring-and-buy. I saw a couple of pictures of your King Condor in a 2002 Magazine with a 40 FS up front so I purchased the plan. With the model taking shape I felt that the 40 would be too heavy up front, so I switched to an OS25. For a relatively small model ground handling is good, it flys beautifully & does'nt nose over on landing, excellent, Many thanks

Glad that you liked the King Condor. It was a nice model.

It was a scaled up Trivial Pursuit. Believe it or not I was told of a Trivial Pusuit that won a club scale contest twice!

Admittedly it came with a 3-view and a mocked up photo of a squadron of them in flight but the  story that went with it was totally absurd. I just wish I could have met the builder and judges.  You see I have these gold bricks for sale, cheap!

The Feugray has a longinsh nose. You may need some weight in the tail but in fact I feel that the model would be nicer with the CG a little further forward of the location shown on the plan. I must try that sometime.

Funnily enough I just designed a Pattern Ship called Renegade for .32 engines. It will be coming out in RCMW soon.

A similar type of model for .25s was a few years ago in AMI, it was called Marauder but that was not designed so closely to pattern ship specs.

Sorry about that but RCM&E can't keep up with my production. After all, I can't hog their pages.

• 2 weeks later...

I never do use any side or down thrust on most of my models.

I might use some down thrust on a high wing cabin model. I set everything up 0-0 and it seems to work OK.

On a model like the Feurgray the centre of drag will be below the thrust line and the wings and tail are at 0 degrees incidence so there should be no need for any downthrust. I suspect that I just trim that out with the rudder.

I am sure that a lot of people reading this are shuddering and saying that it is wrong. Well, all I can say is, it works for me.

Having said that, I have just been adding right side thrust to two of the engines on my current model because the torque screwed it round on the first attempted take off. I used full rudder for the second and it did go off straight but an engine died on lift off. Been sorting the engines and adding side thrust so maybe it will be flown soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...