Topmodel CZ Challenger

C is a measure of how many multiples of the batterys stated capacity you can draw. IE for the 3000mAh 30C battery, the peak current you can draw would be 90A or (3Ah x 30).

The higher the C rating, then the more power your power system can provide for a given battery terminal voltage (more or less). It is also an indication that the higher the C rating, then the lower the internal resistance of the battery, therefore the more usable power it can deliver (less used in internal heating losses etc).

It can also be used to check your proposed power system will not stress your battery. If you fitted a 3000mAh 30C battery to a power system that drew 30A at full throttle, then your power system would only be taking 10C, and so you have headroom in your battery C rating.

Note that manufacturers and suppliers of battery often lie about C ratings!

Unpacked the gear from Electricwingman to see what else was required get things moving. Couldn't see how the plastic cone attached to the shaft clamp, there is a hole in the center of both but no screw? Sanded the blades to remove the rough edges as instructed, need to balance it yet. Tried the spinner on the motor & that seems OK. Looks like I need connectors for the motor to esc connection & esc to Lipo if the Hobbyking EU ordered part eventually arrives.

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

if you've ordered the correct prop adaptor it should slide on to the motor shaft,tighten up with the nut, and then the white spinner will clip to the prop adaptor.you'll need some soldered connectors,male/female for your batt,esc connections.i use 4mm connectors....be careful when you've set everything up as the motors take no prisoners with the old carol singers(fingers)...may be wise to set up without the prop on until you are happy everything is OK..... kulou

ken anderson...ne..1.......electric dept,

Edited By ken anderson. on 16/11/2018 15:45:19

Posted by ken anderson. on 16/11/2018 15:40:19:

if you've ordered the correct prop adaptor it should slide on to the motor shaft,tighten up with the nut, and then the white spinner will clip to the prop adaptor.you'll need some soldered connectors,male/female for your batt,esc connections.i use 4mm connectors....be careful when you've set everything up as the motors take no prisoners with the old carol singers(fingers)...may be wise to set up without the prop on until you are happy everything is OK..... kulou

ken anderson...ne..1.......electric dept,

Edited By ken anderson. on 16/11/2018 15:45:19

Hi Ken the spinner doesn't clip on, it's secured with a screw into the adapter. The supplier has confirmed that & is replacing the missing item.

Another few pieces in the build electrical jigsaw.

The missing spinner screw arrived. Ordered 5 x M3 5mm C/sunk set screws to hold the AXI to the mount, they arrived but only 3 x 5mm & 2 x 3mm, advised Ebay supplier, he sent replacements they arrived this morning. I've already mentioned the transmitter case I bought in another thread. This afternoon Fedex arrived with the Overlander charger & lipo from Wireless Madness. Popped the lipo into the ammo box for further examination tomorrow.

ol1.jpg

ol2.jpg

ol3.jpg

I still haven't sold the Stinson, but post removing it from Ebay had an offer which I accepted, but the offerer hasn't come back yet. However, I'm still acquiring stuff to go with the Challenger, this morning the replacement charger arrived, which I've reported on another thread, a second Lipo a Hi Energy 3S 2700mah 30c from Wheelspin Models, which seems to be one dealer who hasn't opted to send Lipos via courier at sometimes triple the RM cost. Which I'm told the refusal to carry them comes from RM?

I also received a sample of material I thought would be great to make some wing / fuselage bags from. However, the sample had no inner lining, only the outer waterproof quilted material & the inner padding. In my last flying period 11 years ago, we had a cottage industry going making wing & fuselage bags after acquiring a 30m roll of double sided quilted material for handy money. After that dried up I was unable to get anything like it at the same price, so the business folded. I don't like the foil / bubble wrap jobbys that seem to have flooded the market since then, so my quest for suitable material goes on.

sc7.jpg

sc9.jpg

sc8.jpg

Talking about the wing & fuselage bags drew me to check in my archives & came up with a few pictures. My wife did sewing sometime in her working life. When we lived on our boat in the Med we tried to get a cockpit cover made to keep out the heat & wet. That fell through so I decided we should make our own, which nearly ended in divorce, but taught me to sew. My next sewing encounter was the wing bags which we made around 40 sets, I still have the emails where I was negotiating a price for the material. Our final mass sewing frenzy was when I decided to convert a Renault Trafic panel van to a camper van, where we made all the cushions. In total I must have sewn in over 50 zips, some a meter long, never again, but I am on the hunt for material. I could use the sample shown earlier but that would mean using double the amount to get the quilting inside & out.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

stman wngs4.jpg

mm cc1.jpg

• 1 month later...

After much soul searching & deteriorating medical problems over the Christmas period, I've decided to sell the un-started TOPMODEL CZ CHALLENGER ARTF un-started kit & all the NIB electrical components, inc' AXI motor, Lipos, ESC, Prop spinner & adaptor. The details are in the classified adds on here. Where you can also find my add for the 1/4 scale Ka8B artf kit.

foto_2957.jpg

Posted by Stearman65 on 05/01/2019 08:29:26:

After much soul searching & deteriorating medical problems over the Christmas period, I've decided to sell the un-started TOPMODEL CZ CHALLENGER ARTF un-started kit & all the NIB electrical components, inc' AXI motor, Lipos, ESC, Prop spinner & adaptor. The details are in the classified adds on here. Where you can also find my add for the 1/4 scale Ka8B artf kit.

foto_2957.jpg

Hi Someone has sent me a PM about this add, unfortunately it won't open in my in box, can you copy it here until I get my in box sorted.