Do You fly Drones? An opportunity to explain why

Geoff S

Advert

I thank you for your comments, John. Complete common sense and right on observation. I tend to think that the amount of controversial postings here rises exponentially with the bad weather and lack of flying time to better occupy us all.

Sadly, for this reason I am more and more inclined to not post here on a regular basis anymore because of the increased incidence of " flurry of responses that display much stronger bigotries." in recent weeks.

sad

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 06/01/2019 17:21:38:

I thank you for your comments, John. Complete common sense and right on observation. I tend to think that the amount of controversial postings here rises exponentially with the bad weather and lack of flying time to better occupy us all.

Sadly, for this reason I am more and more inclined to not post here on a regular basis anymore because of the increased incidence of " flurry of responses that display much stronger bigotries." in recent weeks.

sad

We mods have certainly noticed and agree with your first observation re the weather, Adrian. 'Stir-crazy' posts become quite evident during long periods of non-flying weather!teeth 2

On your second point, I think that such responses are becoming more prevalent than ever across the net. I'm sure it happens just because posters can, with little effort, express a view without having to risk physically facing anyone challenging it. There's an inherent lack of tolerance amongst folk these days and an all-too-easy ability to take offence, I believe.

If I see something I don't like or agree with (here or elsewhere), I tend to scroll on past, rather than immediately jumping in with a response, on the principle that my opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else's.

From a moderating point of view, we could spend all day every day taking out posts that might just offend someone. That, I would submit, destroy the value of this forum, so we take as balanced a view as we can on what to let go and what to jump on. This thread has drifted a bit but has been conducted, so far, in a polite and slightly tongue-in-cheek fashion, so I haven't yet seen a post which would justify removal.

As the C Of C says, moderation isn't a science, so folk will just have to have faith that, by and large, we try to get the balance about right....smile

Pete.

I have become selective on what and how I post on here, there is always a number who like to shoot you down for what ever reason, sometime it's scary how far some actually go with there comments. A model forum is what it says on the tin, a forum for modelers to help and advise each other about modeling. Keep it as thatsmiley

Posted by supertigrefan on 06/01/2019 00:38:55:

I reckon if we are all completely honest the questionaire would be more effective in reaching the "relatively ignorant" public by being published in the Sun......

And your point has what to do with the thread and drones?

The OP was about drones not newspapers.