Chisel Headed Scalples

One problem I've found with lasr cut ply kits, is getting the parts out of the ply. the tangs or snots between the cut lines that hold the part in the sheet are a pig to cut. I thought a chisel shaped knife blade such as podiatrists (foot doctors) to inflict agony if you have to have an ingrowing toe nail sorted, would be ideal. Checked Exacto & a few other makes but could only find them in batches of 25 at Chemists suppliers where you need an account. Does anyone know of another source that doesn't cost an arm & a footcrying

**LINK**

Edited By Stearman65 on 25/01/2019 17:12:49

Advert

I've made small saws by embedding a broken off Junior hacksaw blade in a piece of 25mm dowel. One cuts forward and the other, back. I grind them to a point .They've lasted several years but are cheaply replaced should they wear out or break. I use them mostly for cutting hinge slots but they're thin enough to cut through the tabs holding CNC cut plywood parts.

The only time I've felt the need for chisel type scalpel blades is when I'm either repairing or trying to correct a building (very infrequent blush ) error.

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 25/01/2019 17:37:25

For rough stuff like that get a wet stone, small ones cost pennies, and a blade will last years. Make a wedge to get the right blade angle. I've got a set of blades for odd jobs, resharpened as needed, and all the main works gets done with a 18 mm snap off Stanley knife. Haven't bought a blade except 18 mm Stanley this century.

Posted by Martin Dance 1 on 25/01/2019 17:22:08:

Scalpels and blades have them at £7.90 for 5. Expensive compared to their prices for the more common blades they sell. I think I would find a different method. Surely an ordinary blade working from both sides should achieve the desired result?

Have you got a link for that? googled what you wrote & nothing came up?

Posted by eflightray on 25/01/2019 18:41:37:

Do you have any cheapy tool shops, or sometime found in Poundland --

knife set.jpg

This was a pound from you-know-where, admittedly a while ago, but I have seen them in other places.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

.I was in our local Harrods,pound shop yesterday and can confirm they had this knife set on sale...…..

ken anderson...ne...1...…….pound shop dept.

Edited By eflightray on 25/01/2019 18:42:16