Online magazine viewer problems

Gordon Whitehead 1

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the new viewer released with the current issue inconvenient to use?

Before, you simply clicked a right-arrow to get the next page and there it was at the same magnification. Now, clicking on the right arrow shrinks the page below legible, turns over two pages, and then you have to re-magnify it to the size you want and then scroll for the first of the two pages presented.

Can we have the original viewer back, please? I don't have enough life left to spend faffing with this worse system.

Kind regards

Gordon

• 4 weeks later...

The April issue is still using the same rubbish viewer.

I think its time to complain - I pay for a Print + Digital subscription and I'm sorry to say that the digital version is not fit for purpose.

Now I see that, when zooming in, some of the print characters overlap and some characters are missing. Along with problems trying to navigate around. It really is a rubbish system.

Beth, don't let the tail wag the dog. Tell your IT guy to reinstate the old viewer.

• 4 months later...

I also dislike the new viewer. My main problem is loosing the "Print" function. I've built several planes from the free plans and like to print the articles that go with them. The article is the only building instructions for the plans other than the forum thread, and some of those are getting pretty thin these days. The 3D view can be very helpful at times.

With the old printer you could print the page or save it as a pdf, which is very handy as then you can enlarge it and print it at a bigger scale.

I’ve learned that the change was driven by a need to move from Flash to HTML for the website as Flash will cease to exist in 2020.

Stephen, are you saying the viewer doesn’t work at all? No magazine is visible? Pages can’t be turned? Or that the viewer doesn’t operate very well?

It seems fine to me on an iPad. Viewing pages in portrait means I can read text without zooming although, granted, landscape needs a zoom.

David.

David, I can see the magazine but when I zoom in I cannot move the page around to see all the text, so it is unreadable - either too small or not whole (if that make sense).

Edit: I have just tried another edition and this time it workedcrook

Has something changed in the last couple of days, is it hit and miss, or was I suffering a sudden bout of technophobia??!

Either way, I'm back up and running but it has persuaded me to change to the print edition when my renewal is due.

• 2 weeks later...