Here one for all you technical flyers

Rocker

Advert

Just got back and tried fast landing ,slow landing with flaps without flaps ,No joy bounce ,bounce .Maybe it is me but the strange thing is I am having areal hard time trying to land this Freewing Hawk and it only a matter of time before is rips it's self apart on one of these landing but when I fly my mates FMS Hawk I end up doing perfect landing all the time .That tell me it must be something to do with the model .So the only solution to my problem is simple really ,an upgrade is the only way so that is what I am going to do .One FMS Hawk on orderyes

You might be right but I have order a FMS Hawk ( hope the wife is out when it is delivered ) The Freewing Hawk fly great and looks great in the air but I personally can not land it with out damaging it. So I have decided because the Freewing Hawk now looks a mess with all the damage where the nose has broken off so many times and glued back on due to my terrible landings. I will turn it in to a Sunday morning hack model and take it off using the undercarriage and belly it in that is the only way I can stop it bouncing and when the FMS Hawk arrive use that has my main model Thanks for all your suggestions but the Freewing Hawk has beaten me I am afraid

Rocker, I regret to say that you have still not managed to get your approach and landing speed down to the required level. Did you try landing at 50 feet up to see whether you ran out of elevator control before the model stalled? Did you check the CG position in the way I suggested? All of these are important points and it is worth persevering with trying to get the speed right for the approach and landing if for no other reason than you will undoubtedly come across this problem again sometime and you will then have a solution.

Good luck with the FMS Hawk by the way.

Rocker,

Good luck with FMS and keep flying the Freewing hawk. Having an expendable model one that owes you very little allows you to practice. Its not about being reckless, but pushing yourself with landings and other flight manoeuvres.

Ever thought of?

• Full flap carrier style landing
  • Low knife edge pass
  • Low inverted pass to outside loop
  • Low 3 roll pass
  • etc..

Some edf's benefit form removing the u/c (weight saving) and hand launch to get better flight performance another skill that some people launch effortlessly and other its work in progress!

PS - that reminds me I have been sitting on my backside for too long laugh

• 2 months later...