Successfully changing the AA batteries for the Lithium Ion pack in the spectrum DX6G2!!

JohnnyB

Hi everyone,

Well for sometime now I've been contemplating changing the 4AA cells in both my Spectrum DX8g2 and also my DX6G2.

So, without further ado I sent off for the Spectrum 2S 2000mAh Lithium Ion pack and also the 4-Max 2S 4000mah LiPo battery.

They both arrived together this morning and I had an hour free so I thought I'll get cracking.

5 hrs latter I had managed to get the Spectrum 2000mAh inserted after damaging the very soft wire covering in three places. Patching those up I persevered and got extremely stressed out poking and pushing the wires into the tiny little space where the connection goes. Connecting up is tricky enough!! Even though the connection appears to be 'fully home' I had to strip the padding off of the inside of the sliding rear cover. Also, I've really still no idea whether I've nicked those delicately covered wire/wires in that final 'push'!

Well, that was certainly challenging. But moving on to the 4-Max Lipo battery, which actually has THREE wires to squeeze into the same very restricted compartment!! I think during this whole process I may have even invented a few new swear words ....!!!! I have still to complete this changeover. I just couldn't take anymore until tomorrow.

So, my question is - Has anyone on here actually found an easier approach to insert these replacement batteries into an extremely restricted space on the transmitters.

Not actually knowing if I have further damaged those wire/wires is terribly worrying.

Any experiences and solutions found would be most welcome.

John.

Edited By JohnnyB on 15/05/2019 16:57:10

Hi John

Just fitted the Spektrum pack in my DX8G2 and the answer is no!!..Just go slowly and take care. I used a cocktail stick with the point removed to coax the wires into place. At least with the Spektrum pack, it won't have to be removed for charging.

Andrew

P.s.....How inventive were these new swear words???laugh

I bought a genuine lipo pack for my DX6 gen 1.Johnny B I feel your pain!

Now the bad news. I charged my DX6 with my DX8 charger, it's multi chemistry so quite safe. For various reasons the Tx didn't get used for a few weeks. Went to use it Tx battery was flat. Recharged, Tx left for a week or two Battery flat. It seems the little regulator inside the battery box causes the battery to self discharge! See if yours does the same.

Posted by Martin Dance 1 on 15/05/2019 18:43:47:!

Now the bad news. I charged my DX6 with my DX8 charger, it's multi chemistry so quite safe. For various reasons the Tx didn't get used for a few weeks. Went to use it Tx battery was flat. Recharged, Tx left for a week or two Battery flat. It seems the little regulator inside the battery box causes the battery to self discharge! See if yours does the same.

The Spektrum Li-on pack in my DX6 also self discharged, it appears to be a common problem. I eventually got tired of spending more time charging the pack than flying and bought the 4 max Li-po pack - problem solved!. As for fitting the pack I found a U-tube video demonstration and had no issues.

• 5 months later...