Early Morning Flying Followed By........

Former Member

Advert

Just to add some accuracy into the above.

WMWF operate from one site in the Lake District currently, near Pooley Bridge on Ullswater.

We do not actively liaise with either of the bodies mentioned to obtain licenses or permissions to operate. These permissions may have been granted historically to other sites the club used to have access to, but I have seen no reference to them and have seen no correspondence to suggest it had ever happened.

Our flying site is not owned nor governed by either body mentioned above.

Our craft are not sailing craft and we have no external restrictions placed on our activities re the size of model operated. We do restrict certain types of model as an internal rule for common sense reasons.

The club does operate from the farm shop site mentioned. As far I am aware, this site is not in the Lake District.

I would suggest identifying the landowner of any proposed launching point and speaking to them first.

WMWF Secretary

"Hills and mountains on your doorstep.."

Thanks for the photos Percy. I just love the Lake District,, no finer place on earth. I used to visit the Lakes often some years back. Being there just feeds my "soul". No wonder it has millions of visitors every year. Hope to be there this summer.

Real Flying boats were operational from White Cross bay on Windermere during the war ,.It was a great place to live ,before the towerists and crag rats !

And much later watched the Dambusters film makers using the lake for practising ,and later still looking down onto the Vulcans thundering up the lake from Gummers How .

Regards

Westmorlander !

Hi Percy ,

You may well be right about the Sunderlands , I remember them flying off the lake ,so you see I must have been pretty young and impressionable in those days !

and Spitfires out of Fookburgh ,but no doubt they were Hurricanes wink

cheers