Poll for who intends to register.

Martin  McIntosh

Advert

Doc M the BMFA should look into setting up something like my scheme and get legal advice on it. If its legal for companies to register once for many drones then surely we could dream up something legal for us. The CAA would have cause to think twice if all they got was £16.50 per MFC.

Posted by Steve J on 18/05/2019 15:18:46:
Posted by john stones 1 on 18/05/2019 13:35:42:

Great tactics, publicly undermine your own associations whilst they're fighting your corner.

IMHO the person on this topic who has undermined the negotiations has the initials AS. In his position, I would be saying that the BMFA are in discussions with their insurers to make sure that their members are covered for civil claims even if they are not registered.

Steve

Get yourself in there then, you're good at cut n paste, A.S does right not spending all his days replying to these threads, still attacking own does work for some.

Did I mention get a grip folks ?

I can see this thread getting close to getting closed....how the insurers can be expected to cover us for doing something that will be breaking the new introduced rules etc is,a no no I would think.....the BMFA can only negotiate with all concerned,if the Gov, CAA will sit down and talk, listen....

Ken Anderson....ne...1...back to the thread dept.

JS1 In the time frame available its not possible to "get yourself in there then" and so a pointless statement. We are not children and fully appreciate that this issue is not as important as many other issues in the world. But, to many of us in this limited and small aspect of our lives it is important. Patronising comments are unhelpful and do nothing to further the discussion. A more constructive approach, like my suggestion of clubs 'mirroring' the commercial set up workable or not, would IMO be a more productive approach.

Posted by ken anderson. on 18/05/2019 15:51:41:

...how the insurers can be expected to cover us for doing something that will be breaking the new introduced rules etc is,a no no I would think....

Simple - register as a flyer/pilot (for free) - no reason for the insurance to be invalid then! You don't have to own a car to be insured to drive it, by the same token, you don't have to own the plane to be insured to fly it .

As stated before, I'll just register as a pilot. I don't own any of the planes I fly - they all belong to John Smith........wink

Patronise me all you like, keeps A.S free from flak, you assuming I don't care about our hobby, only the self righteous like yourselves do ? Is that patronising ?

I'll make it simple for you, for years some have wanted sanctions on "Drone" flyers, whether they be law abiding or not, they've wanted us to distance ourselves from "them" whether they be law abiding or not.

Excluded them from clubs, whether they be law abiding or not.

Chickens have come home to roost, and you're wallowing in self pity.

before the thread is closed ,because people are firing off at each other...….. I wonder would any of this would have happened if the good old wasters who decided to fly their drones where ever they wanted … ie..near airports,blackpool tower,over alton towers and on and on...… surely there needs to be a separate rule for FPV and LOS flying..... back to a poll,i still don't think that a poll of the RCME members on this forum will show anything,maybe a poll of the 36K BMFA members would.....

PS...….I feel that the BMFA membership will shrink...after this has all been inplimented.

ken anderson...ne..1..pointless polls dept.

Hi all.

It’s a decline for now.

As Ken says, a poll on this subject wouldn’t provide any useful facts and I’m sure that many who say they won’t pay the proposed registration fee will quietly do so when and if the time comes. The poll and accompanying thread would just be an outlet for bitterness and the result wouldn’t be indicative of overall RCM&E reader intentions or those of the BMFA membership either.

I’m a bit fatalistic about these things, but, at the end of the day, £16.50 isn’t much to pay in order keep flying but if you want to smite your model flying passion and save a bit of cash then other leisure pursuits are available. wink

David.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 18/05/2019 17:37:34