SC 30 FS

Andrea Patrucco

Hello folks

I just bought an SC 30 FS from the big auction site. It comes with no box, no instructions, no tools. Could some good soul tell me which tools would I have gotten in the box with a brand new engine? And maybe let me have a scan of the instructions?

Also - I know that there are MkI and MkII of this engine, how can I tell one from the other?

Many thanks!

Advert

Mine didn't come with any tools and i think the biggest difference between mki and ii was the silencer the latter being baffeled and i am sure someone onhere will come up with the info ,

as for instructions it be the same as all other glow 4t engines. good fuel and os f plug and 9x5 prope to start with this engine,

see this link for a manual for a magnum version which is the same ssee here

I flew mine on 10x5's and they went just fine. 9x5 or 6 is a good start point though. 5% nitro, 15% oil (no castor) and an OS F Plug should have you set.

Dont run it in like the instructions though, its too slow and too cold. Give it some welly and lean it off to about 90% of max revs. You need to get it up to full temperature as quickly as you can. I recommend you flood it with 2 stroke oil before hand too as they are often a little sparing with the assembly oil at the factory.

Posted by Andrea Patrucco on 24/05/2019 20:17:22:

Hi Jon, thanks for you suggestions.

I'm not a native English speaker so sometimes I miss something.. what do you mean with "give it some welly"? :-D

haha sorry. How about 'give it the big one'? is that better?