Good luck to the BMFA

Advert

I didn't even bother to vote ( at the council elections), all of them are a waste of time. Politicians are fat cats lining their own pockets and not interested in anyone, apart from what they are stepping on.

In the end I did fill in the vote thing  and posted a letter , but expected, as all replies, have gone into electronic limbo space.

How ludicrous is this, the Belgian Health Minister , using the word "Health" loosely , I mean, how can this portray health!!!???crook

fatpol.jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 08/06/2019 12:36:33

Edited By Paul Marsh on 08/06/2019 12:38:55

Well as a fisherman, as well as a happy aero modeller, I expect the enforcing of the rules for both hobbies will fall into the same category. I think I was a very young man the last time anyone ever asked to see my fishing licence. People make sure you have paid to use a lake or pond, (club membership) but never the license. So I’m convinced there are many out there who don’t bother with a licence. Coming back to enforcing the proposed new idea leaves me with the same thoughts. Our club was recently broken into and a mower and other bits were stolen, the first member to arrive to fly rung the police, and was told straight away that they were to busy to attend, and given a crime no. So how or who are they going to get out to all these clubs to check up, especially when they are miles out of town down muddy lanes etc, and once they arrive at the field there is no one flying. I fly during the week, and on the majority of occasions I finish up flying on my own. We have made club rules over the years at AGM’s on who and how you fly, but the committee had to admit that we cannot enforce our own rules except on busy Sundays. If they leave the enforcing to the club officials then good luck on that one. We will end up paying the £16.50, taking the online safety test and as long as they have the money that will be the end of it, sorry for being cynical, but that seems to be way it is. While we moan about the stupidity of the proposal, the rouge drone pilots will carry on in oblivion doing what they want without a care in the world.

Fat shaming is a new low, even for these (and I use the term loosely) more passionately argued threads. Especially when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

I'm not having a pop at the poster, but come on guys, think before post. We're all guilty of it at times.

Edited By Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 08/06/2019 13:10:03

Edited By Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 08/06/2019 13:13:15

Posted by Doc Marten on 08/06/2019 14:36:23:
Posted by john stones 1 on 08/06/2019 13:01:39:

Roll on the day the BMFA puts a final update out, and these threads become a thing of the past.

You could always scrol past them.......

I could scroll past them, but I would miss calls from the BMFA to reply in support of them, I often find it here when I haven't checked emails for a while. Plus how would I know the content of the thread, without looking ?

Any other advice for me ?

My wife was standing near a stall at the Royal Cornwall show. A chap was talking to her about a multirotor he had bought previously for his little son. The first flight from their back garden in a housing estate resulted in a zoom climb then transit out of site never to be found again. It was a tiny machine. At the show he bought a DJI type of larger drone for his lad. Its larger so he could keep an eye on it. Wife told him that There were strict rules on where he could fly the thing and that he would need to register come October. He was rude and said the seller would have told him so she must be just making it up. Off he went home to fly it from his garden no doubt.

I doesn't matter how many of us register. It is those types that won't bother to register or learn about drone flying get us all in tarred with the same brush in the eye of the general public. Welcome to the anarchic brave new world.

Posted by Doc Marten on 08/06/2019 16:08:08:
Posted by john stones 1 on 08/06/2019 14:53:44:
Posted by Doc Marten on 08/06/2019 14:36:23:
Posted by john stones 1 on 08/06/2019 13:01:39:

Roll on the day the BMFA puts a final update out, and these threads become a thing of the past.

You could always scroll past them.......

I could scroll past them, but I would miss calls from the BMFA to reply in support of them, I often find it here when I haven't checked emails for a while. Plus how would I know the content of the thread, without looking ?

Any other advice for me ?

Plenty.

Here's some more; Replying to every post isn't compulsory after reading it, especially if it's the same as you've said on every other associated topic in another attempt at getting it closed because it irritates you.

I just knew you couldn't resist.

Edited By Doc Marten on 08/06/2019 16:27:25

Did you not notice that I didn't reply to your latest "vigilante" prod.

The point of this thread is to wish the BMFA luck and as far as I can see they are going to need it based on certain contributions.

Levanter

Firstly, as one of the 'small' number of flyers who have responded I think it is a shame that more have not. Weight of numbers really does count - especially where anything political is concerned. Just look at the US and the progress (or not) in banning firearms because of the National Rifle Association membership lobbying! I remember issues around frequency allocation and regulation and also some sites, and support from bodies such as the BMFA are vital for protecting our hobby (or sport). As it is the weight of numbers is not massive even with all of the membership responding, but if we are slilent - then we have ourselves to blame almost as much as the irresponsible and criminally minded people that the changes being outlined are supposed to prevent. Although I for one can see absolutely no impact at preventing said criminals from indulging themselves - unless they were foolish enough to register of course.

I do wish the BMFA luck in the negotiations as I regrettably can foresee an impact on model flying. Not only necessarily older modellers who are on a pension, but more worryingly the impact on encouraging younger modellers who are not only the future of the hobby, but also Britains aerospace industry, or even RAF, Fleet Air Arm or Army Air Corps, or Air Training Corps, as many first got their interest from model flying.

I have a son who does model flying arising from my interest, and also involvement in aerospace, who after completing his studies wants to join the RAF. I know of a few others who through Cubs and Scouts introduction to model flying have then gained more of an interest and have also joined the RAF or Army Air Corps, and have either been in the ATC or are currently. Food for thought for those who might not have become involved yet?