cannot get it to work

Michael Adams 3

Don't personally have a Radian. But. Hopefully some useful questions -

Does the gyro have a gain control assigned to the TX? Is this active? Can it be switched off? The DX6i only has switches on channels 5 & 6 so I'd guess this needs to be off.

What do you mean by "judder no actual movement"? Does that mean some surfaces show a tiny bit of movement, or that they move a lot then return to neutral? Do all the expected surfaces move? Or only one? Or none?

Don't like to state the obvious but have you read this bit in the manual?

This test ensures that the AS3X® control system is functioning properly. Assemble the aircraft and bind your transmitter to the receiver before performing this test. 1. Raise the throttle just above 25%, then lower the throttle to activate AS3X. CAUTION: Keep all body parts, hair and loose clothing away from a moving propeller, as these items could become entangled. 2. Move the entire aircraft as shown and ensure the control surfaces move in the direction indicated in the graphic. If the control surfaces do not respond as shown, do not fly the aircraft. Refer to the receiver manual for more information. Once the AS3X system is active, control surfaces may move rapidly. This is normal. AS3X remains active until the battery is disconnected.

What model number is on the receiver?

Ohhhh Nigel, this one is AS3X BNF, preprogrammed with nothing for the user to adjust

Just ensure servos, surfaces and receiver are firmly fixed, as that would alter stabilisation

Each flight initially, the gyro is off until 25% throttle stick movement

Low power, duff battery is as always a consideration

Whoops,

I was typing while you were Shaun

Edited By Denis Watkins on 10/06/2019 11:40:53

I concur with the guys above, just dug my manual out,...... to activate the Gyro move the throttle above 25% then back to zero. check the movement of the surfaces. i.e. nose down gives up elevator and nose left gives right rudder etc.

The surfaces will twitch when you move the glider once the gyro is active.

Lovely flier this , and the spoiler works a treat to get her down.

D.D.

Hi Shaun, no rec. manual as it was already in the model. we removed the prop for safety.

I have now been told that I have to buy a special cable to down load what it needs

to set it up properly. so may remove this rec. and fit another one with no AS3X,

We did a maiden flight as it was and it flew really well.

Mike.