Moon Dancer 2

Advert

Peter, I am no perfectionist by a long shot, but a good model deserves to look good!

In fact I am a novice, the only skill I have is I look read, remember and try to emulate, if it doesn't look right I will do it again. That's my flying style as well. Having passed my A cert. I do multiple circuits and landings most flying days. As well as starting to learn some aerobatics. But the truth is I can take off and land multiple types of model as well as anyone in the club.

PS Cant believe, no one else is building it, My goal is to be flying it before the next edition of the magazine come out.. Only the weather will stop me I think.

THis is the type I have.The price may bring tears tothe eyes but I can promise you that it will last for years, Mine is about 40 years old(and cost less but then it was stillexpensive for its day.

**LINK**

The4 only problem isthat when your club mate find out that you haveit you may get requests to bend their U/Cs for them

Very true peter.

But there is a simple solution if one hasnt a good vice.

Grab a piece of 12mm ply whatever size suits.

Draw round the base of the bender cut the hole out so the base fits snug into the ply clamp the ply to the bench and voila a nice flat surface to make an undetcarriage.

I managed to sort the C of G out by adding a 3700mAh (3S) with the all up weight, spot on 1.6kg (3.5lb)

Gave the power train a spin, as the sun was shining!

Using the recommended motor, Frsky Neuron ESC, and APC 11 x 5.5 prop gave 365W at 31.77A 11.52V

So 102W / lb sounded OK and all well within limits at full chat.

Roll on a decent, non blustery day....

20200311_145720-1.jpg

Hi,

With any luck, the forecast for Monday is looking excellent. The club strip has been cut, and the access track is passable.

So Plan A

1. Fly the Calmato 40 a few times to get the fingers working again, its been soooooo long

2. Maiden the Moon Dancer 2

3. Maiden the Lysander

4. Charge the batteries and do it all again smile

Plan B

There is no plan B smile d