YT International anyone had recent experiance

Chris Walby

I have 3 airworthy YT warbirds and 3 more to build. My appraisal is as follows:

The good.

They fly well, look great, are quite robust and (if you dont crash them) last a good number of years. My 3 flying models are 9, 7 and 6 years old if i remember rightly.

The Bad

If you expect to shake the box and have model build itself think again. They need a great deal of tinkering to get things to fit right, fix small defects in manufacture and generally improve the whole deal.

The instructions and some of the supplied hardware leaves a little to be desired.

They can end up a little porky if you are not careful. with the placement of your stuff.

As for availability i think they have stopped producing kits but some ESM (the brand of kit they sold) models are still available from bigplanes.nl

Thanks guys and response from YT plus the Bigplanes web site looks very nice.....too nice, but not quite what I wanted.

Dear Customer,

YT International is no longer trading due to the current climate, we are now solely concentrating on our pilot business, www.tailoredpilots.com

My apologies for any inconvenience, we are having problems removing the YT website at the moment so will take it down as soon as possible. If you require any model spares then you contact the factory directly, talk to Herlin at [email protected]

Kind Regards,

Wilson.