Orange recievers

fly boy3

Advert

Doesn't matter as long as they are perpendicular.

The idea is that if one antenna is pointing directly at the transmitter (and therefore receiving very little signal), the other will be perpendicular and thus receiving maximum signal.

edit - note that it's the short bit of exposed wire on the end that matters and not the covered part.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 09/09/2019 11:02:49

Yes, as Gary has said. In my fixed-wing and heli models some are crossways and backwards, some are crossways and downwards, and some are backwards and downwards. In my quadcopters they're sticking up vertically in a 90-degree vee. Seems to make no difference in flight, so long as they're at 90 degrees to each other.

One thing to avoid is having either of them running parallel to any conductor, such as metal pushrods, battery or other leads, or carbon fibre.

• 1 month later...

I have one of the DSM2 receivers with the built in 3 axial gyro but I cant seem to switch the gyro off. I have it bound to a DX 7 which works fine with my other Orange receivers. I have searched the net but can't find a solution to the problem. The flap switch on the Tx is mapped to chan 6 which is the one that controls this function. I hope there is someone out there who can help as I'm sure it's something simple but beyond the scope of my aged brain. angry 2

Posted by Wilco Wingco on 02/11/2019 10:02:30:

All checked and set as they should be. Still not "working". Any more ideas, this really is frustrating.sad

Have found these Orange faultless

So with an open mind, look at CH6 settings for any chance of reversal

Or % settings on the channel or expo spurious settings left in the channel

The gyro just needs a clean on and off to work on the switch

Anything else doesn't work

As background to this, a colleague in Canada writes reviews

And I was tasked to test various makes to back him up

And all 8 makes and models that I was given worked to this day

Including the Orange add on, and the Orange Combined Receiver

Cracked it at last. To turn the gyro OFF set the AUX channel to -125 or D125 which ever it is. On the DX7 D125 to switch OFF sorts the problem. My big mistake was that I assumed that when the gyro was turned off the RED LED would go out, wrong it stays on no matter what. The only test is to waggle the receiver and see if the control surfaces respond. embarrassed