Greetings from Spain

Jesus Cardin

Hi all!

My name is Jesus Cardin and I am 54 years old.

I have an active modeller since a boy building plastic models first and then balsa free flight, control line and since 1980 RC model planes.

My English is mainly, aside from studying a bit at the school and high school, from reading English model (RCM&E, Radio Modeller and Radio Control Scale) plus real plane (Aeroplane Monthly) magazines.

By the way, the enclosed photo -circa 1983- is of my first plan built model, a Bucker Jungmeister from Gerald Curds RCM&E plan. Powered by an OS Engines 40 FRS ABC and controlled from a Mutiplex Profi 7 channel radio it flew superb, although always suffered from main gear lack of robustness (due to being unable to properly built it rather than to poor design I must say!).

Hope to help here on matters I know and get help from you all on what I don´t.

Thanks!

RCM&E_Bucker Jungmeister.jpg

Advert

Hi Jesus, nice looking Bucker! I am also a member of the Jungman club, mine being from the Don Stothers plan - 49" originally flown with an OS61FX but in the queue to be converted to electric.

What part of Spain do you live in? I always used to enjoy my twice yearly trips to Valencia for MotoGP and WSBK races, usually riding down from Calais or Dunkerque. Any further south was to hot for my English blood!

Hi all,

Thank you very, very much for your welcome!

To Peter, I fly every type of models but my preferred ones are scale (30´s classics, warbirds, military trainers and jets). I also own and fly some aerobatics, but most scale or semiscale. No experience in helicopters nor drones.

By the way. I also like more the Jungmann than the Jungmeister but when I got the plan for the model in the image, although I knew of a plan for that biplane from the same designer, simply, I didn´t know plan number nor price for ordering.

Ken, thank you for your nice greeting, ... with a Spanish note!

Bob, although I was born in hot -very hot- Seville, in South Spain, I live in a little village near Madrid. As explained to Peter I was also bitten by the biplane bug with the Jungmann. Many years after building the Jungmeister ordered Mr. Curds plans for the Jungmann and I have the idea of building it enlarged to 1/4 scale. At this moment I own and fly both a Seagull Models Gipsy Moth plus a Swiss Jungmeister that I am modifying....to the same decoration to that of the photo!

Steve, a pleasure to know you and be sure I will pay a visit to your flying field if I go to Huesca. My own local club is "Las Aguilas del Casar", in El Casar (Guadalajara) and you are most welcome there if you visit the zone or take the trip "down". My usual flying day are Sundays....

Again thanks to you all for your nice welcome and hope to met you here in as many threads as possible.

Jesus

One note from the image: I am not present at the photo as I was behind the camera!

The starring characters are 3 very good friends from the High School, my little brother and my late father. Unfortunately I think I do not conserve any photo of me together with my Jungmeister.

I have to admit that the model had a very sad end, as after flying it for 2-3 years it sat at my parents home workshop after a main gear failure, which slightly damaged the lower wing but as I was so angry of so many gear repairs finally sent it to the bin!

I am so sorry for that, that this is the reason I bought the Seagull Swiis Jungmeister....just as a tribute to Mr. Curds design and be sure I will post photos when finished in "A-FS" decoration!

Jesus

Hi Peter, Thanks to you also for your welcome!

Yes. you are right. I am fortunate to being able of flying all year round, although not this weekend! From last Friday we have got bad weather here in Spain and it is expected to become even worse during this week.

By the way and regarding your comment, I would like to let you know that Argentina model plane modellers had a great influence in Spanish ones, and their magazines were very respected and looked after here in those years you started modelling there to well mid sixties. My uncle Pepe Cardin, who introduced me to modelling in the early 70s had a great collection of Argentinian model magazines from those years and he used to joke about a fiction model plan called "Trepasotanos" (something like "basement climber" in English).

Finally I remember I had another photo of my old Jungmeister and although of not very good quality (home made slide scan...), I would be proud of sharing here.

Jesusbucker jungmeister.jpg

Hi Jesus.

My first ever really successful flight with a model was with a Wakefield rubber powered model. I can still clearly remember that flight and the exact scenery where it happened.

The second time I took it out was with my mother. I asked her to hold it while I stretch wound the motor. The rear motor peg pulled out and about 250 grams of wound rubber took all the cross members out of the fuselage.

I had a small Argentinian book on model aircraft and I learned so much from that book.

I am sure that your scan of your Jungmeister could be brightened up etc on a good photo editing program.

If you would like to email me a copy I will PM you my email address and I can have a go. if you want

Edited By Peter Miller on 21/10/2019 09:21:11

Dear Peter,

I am very grateful for your offering! Of course I accept your help but, please, let me find the original slides and produce a new and better scan.

My first model was a free flight glider I was presented and which I flew with a nylon line. Then my first built model was a rubber powered FW-190 which really built my father with my help; as he was a salesman I anxiously waited to his return on Friday to build with him the Focke Wulf. Then we finished it with several coats of gloss green spray which provided so much weight....that it never correctly flew! It just hardly struggled to keep on the air at low level but hey, it did without any need of trimming!

Let me a few days to produce better scans of the slides and give a try with any photo program and if results are not satisfying I surely count with your help.

Jesus

Siroco.jpg

Edited By Jesus Cardin on 22/10/2019 09:05:18

Edited By Jesus Cardin on 22/10/2019 09:06:48

Edited By Jesus Cardin on 22/10/2019 09:08:46