Solarlac Dark Red

Advert

Depending on what you need it for, you could try taking a colour sample to B&Q and getting them to mix a sample container of Valspar paint. I did it for my current build and got a 250ml tin that's a perfect match for my Corsair blue Oratex for a mere £3. I doubt if it's fuel proof but perhaps a coat of clear fuel proofer afterwards might do the job. If your model is electric (or a glider/PSS) then it would be a perfect solution. Worth a try?

Geoff

Posted by Don Fry on 15/12/2019 13:24:09:

I've just looked and I have a tin, just over half full. But it's in France. You are welcome to it, for the postage cost.

Thanks Don that's very kind, however, I have decided to go with what I currently have. It's not a perfect match but its very close. I used Rust-Oleum Cardinal Red which also appears to be fuel proof judging by its performance on my Acro Wot - time will tell.

Thank you to everyone that responded. I'll just post a picture of how it currently looks. The fuselage is covered in Fokker Red Solarspan, the engine cowling and nose have been sprayed with the Rust-Oleum paint. The colour match is not quite as good as the photo would suggest but I'm going to go with it now; its taken a year to get this far and I'm looking forward to moving on to the next project.

20191215_133217[1].jpg