Recommendations please

alex nicol

Advert

If you have a 12V supply capable of a few hundred mA, a 5W 40Ohm dropper resistor will get you around 150mA current into a nimh pack for trickle charging. Couldn't be simpler and is all I regularly use on nimhs*.

Overnight trickle charging also has the handy benefit of balancing the cells - something a one hour charger will not do.

* Barring an occasional capacity check done via a standard four button charger.

Gents,

Thanks for your responses. My current set up is an old Fuzzy logic charger powered from an old 12v car battery.

The flight packs are 2600mah which I charge at 700ma and it takes approx 3.5hrs. The reason for my question is occasionally I may take a couple of Petrol models with me and I was looking for a reasonably quick/simple way to charge 2 ignition packs and 2 Rx packs.

By quick I mean 3.5-4hrs ish

If you want to charge up 4 pack simultaneously then the Turnigy charger above would do that, plus it will have a cycle facility so you can periodically discharge and recharge them. If you wanted a mains/battery powered unit then I've been using the Overlander/SkyRC D100 dual charger, which has worked well, but it can only do 2 batteries at a time.