Throttle issue

Hi Folks

I have just completed a Micro indoor fixed wing Cessna L19. Bench testing the RC gear has presented me with a perplexing issue: When connecting the tiny motor via a 5A ESC to the Micron Rx the motor fails to respond to the Tx throttle signal, it just emits a continuous rapid series of beeps. The servos work normally and I have checked the wiring to the JST-SH plugs which appears OK. Any helpful comment would be welcome please.

I hasten to add that I'm a recent convert to electric flying, especially the Micro stuff!

Thanks & stay healthy

SW

Advert

Rapid beeps from an ESC indicate that it's not getting the correct signal from the receiver, or not any signal at all. As others have suggested, the signal it's expecting when you power up the model (with transmitter already switched on) is zero throttle, and sometimes it needs throttle trim to be fully down to achieve that. (With Futaba transmitters it also needs the throttle channel to be reversed.)

Once the ESC is reacting correctly, you usually need to calibrate it. That's what is being shown in the link in John Wagg's post above. Failure to calibrate might account for michael cawood's experience with his throttle being sort of on or off.