Graupner Vector Board. Best adhesive?

Michael Barclay

I have been using Graupner Vector Board for the fuze on my last four models. Have used Uhu Por and Epoxy depending on the joint, and although I find these adequate they do not give the same bond strength as they do with Depron. ie with Depron the material breaks before the bond as with good welding but this is not the case with the Vector Board.

Wondering if anyone else has found a better adhesive?

Edited By Michael Barclay on 01/05/2020 22:31:13

Thanks for your replies Denis and Tim. I have not tried Tensol but I read it needs clamping for 24 hrs which does not suit my applictions, and I have tried Cyano with no success,Tim.

So far my most successful method has been to use Uhu Por, but instead of bringing the parts to be joined together after the first application and 5 minute wait, I wait for 10 minutes then apply Por a second time and wait another 5 minutes before bringing the two parts together. I find this gives a pretty good bond.

I read that some have trouble making neat cuts in Vector Board. I found the same problem with my usual hobby knife blades so bought a scalpel with replacable blades which is much sharper and cuts beautifully.

Edited By Michael Barclay on 03/05/2020 13:38:04

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried using hotglue. I have used this on depron as shown on the flitetest website.I am also pondering its use for wings. The foamboard from hobbyycraft can be used as depron substitute however its density isnt always uniform and a lower temp hotglue is advisable.