Mystery Fournier RF-5

Bob Bertram

Hi Folks, I have recently acquired this RF-5 with the intention of restoring it to its former glory, adding a few scale features and electrifying it. I'm having trouble identifying it after a few internet searches and would like to get hold of a plan if possible. The wingspan is 84 inches. Anyone recognise it?

Cheers

Bob

p8200027.jpg

Advert

Thanks all, it's all useful information and giving me lots of thoughts.

Robert, it is an RF5 whereas the Wik Fournier is a 4 although it could be a hybrid of the Veron 5 and Wik 4 kits. The registration is the same as the Veron one. Whoever built the model was pretty good at it and who can say wether or not he had the skills to combine both models. There again, it could be a home design.

Ray and Alan, I hadn't thought about it being an enlarged version of a kit! I will have to check the fuselage dimensions against the Veron one.

Regards

Bob

Bob, it's the same scheme & registration as the Veron version, perhaps it's a "bitsa" with the Wik RF4 wings.

fournier.jpg

This is from the late Phil Smith's plans catalogue of Veron & vintage models. Colin Smith continued supplying plans but I don't know if he still does or how to contact him, you may be able to get more info from Derick, who runs this plans site.

Posted by Peter Miller on 20/08/2020 21:02:29:

Didn't Mick Reeves produce a large Fournier kit or perhaps it was the RF4

Mick Reeves won the world scale champs with a 1/4 scale Fournier though I'm not sure which one. He also sold it as a kit - perhaps still does?

Geoff

Posted by PatMc on 20/08/2020 20:59:13:

Bob, it's the same scheme & registration as the Veron version, perhaps it's a "bitsa" with the Wik RF4 wings.

fournier.jpg

This is from the late Phil Smith's plans catalogue of Veron & vintage models. Colin Smith continued supplying plans but I don't know if he still does or how to contact him, you may be able to get more info from Derick, who runs this plans site.

Colin [email protected]     very helpful chap,he's got loads of plans listed,more than likely he's got the Fournier......................Mal

Edited By mal brewer on 21/08/2020 11:23:27

Many thanks once again for all the replies. I am almost convinced that it is a modified Veron kit after a lot of 'net searching. It doesnt appear to be the Wik wing as the structure seem to be more like the Veron wing. I have sent Colin Smith an email to see if the plan is available.

Bob