Spektrum DX9 Question

Tosh McCaber

Yet another area that I haven't gone into yet with my DX9- can anyone help with an explanation of the difference, and purpose of Digital Switch Set-up, and Analogue Set-up. As usual, I can't find anything in the "manual"!

The Analogue Switch Set-up on my tranny has all the controls set at 75% (for whatever reason- I don't recall having been into this area?),

Digital Switch Set-up has simply "Switch Select"

Don't know what I'm supposed to do with them.

Can anyone lead me to an explanation of what they're supposed to do? I looked through Google, which usually solves things, but not in this case!

Help!

Edited By Tosh McCaber on 27/08/2020 12:45:23

Edited By Tosh McCaber on 27/08/2020 12:45:39

Advert

Haven't dared to touch these areas, Dennis!! I've got the priniples of the difference between them now. Main control sticks etc are analogue, swithes are digital.

On my gliders I use Camber Sustem/ Camber Select in combination with switches for Flight Modes (with some trepidation and experimenting) and they work.

Sorry to be thick. But, in what circumstances would I activate Switch Setups, other than Frank's suggestion re using the throttle stick to start stop a timer? (I already use this as a count-down for my leccy models under "Timer".)

And why would the Analogue Switch Set-up on my tranny have all the controls set at 75%, it looks, as a default?

Don't even know where to start on the Digital Switch Set-up!

When I set up a new model initially, I set the travel to 80%, then correct this when all is in place.

At 1st switch on, if the servos can travel 100%, then they could Overtravel, stall, and damage the servo or fittings.

Having switches default at 70% can't be a bad thing

You need to activate ACT switches for various mixes e.g. Aileron /Rudder mix, Flap/ Elevator mix

For Motor OFF, Engine Kill Switch, and

Flaps, you can use your dial knob for progressive down or your speed brakes

Or just flaps Down, or Gear Down on a switch.

And you can assign those switches to your choice

Edited By Denis Watkins on 27/08/2020 14:56:52

Hmm Dennis- my puzzlement gets greater! I know that, on entering Servo Setup, servo travel can be adjusted? That I have don with various models.

Maybe the easiest thing for me will be if I can be lead to a you Tube video explaining things. I'll try that, but please keep the clarifications coming!

For example, for I/C, the throttle servo will most definitely travel more than required.

The servo will stall, it will get warm, and it will use up your flight battery a lot more quickly.

The over travel will shut the motor off at the low end.

So we mechanically set the middle servo setting to mid throttle barrel opening

Then carefully shorten both the low and the high end servo travel.

The same goes for surfaces

We can alter the amount of travel, without the servo shoving past the point of full travel, stressing both the servo

And the flight pack

Always get mechanically as close as you can go get the correct amount of travel, then use your menu

• 3 months later...

Please would someone give me some pointers on what I am doing wrong here. I have set my new model up as a 2 ail servo and 2 flap servo type. I am using a 9 ch powersafe receiver and have plugged the ailerons into port 2 and 6. The flaps are in 5 and 7 (Aux1) and I have set the channel assign settings accordingly.

I know that with my servo set up for the ailerons I need to reduce the travel to about 70% to prevent stalling the servos. The P47 does not require large amount of aileron travel and although I have done my best to optimise the servo movement mechanically I unfortunately just cannot use full travel.

When I enter the servo utility function and go to 'Travel' settings I am unable to access the lower numerical value to change it on the Right Aileron. On the left aileron I at first had the same issue but for some reason I am now able to change both value for it. So IO have 70% set nicely on the left but 100% and 70% on the right.

I tried the ailerons on 2 and 5 and set the channels accordingly, but this results in the identical problem.

Nick,

The DX9 allows you to select the amount of travel required either side of neutral in that servo set-up (which could be used for setting up aileron differential for example).

To change the value, you will need to move the aileron stick to one side or the other, as necessary, to highlight the value you want to change. Then simply press the roller and scroll to the value you require, while still biasing the stick in that direction.

Maybe you are way off in trim and sub trim.

Try to set the aileron trim to neutral and set the sub trim to 0, and adjust the servos and the the pushrods so the ailerons are in neutral position and try again

And take a look at the Dualrate/expo screen, here you can also adjust the travel in the dualrate.

Soren