DVLA scam

Strum

Advert

Was it a quick way to book a driving test.... Did my daughters on Wednesday

Joined the que at 8:00 when it opened...at 2704 in the que (ten seconds later the que was over 4000)

1 hour and 52 minutes later I was transferred from the que to book one of 4 possible dates in the next six weeks....

Test booked for five weeks time at 8:00 the morning....that will teach the teenager for letting a old person book the time (best part of the morning laugh).

Or did they just want money and nor the wait...….

Hi Chris, The usual update your profile with termination of driving licence if you don't. Last bit and i quote" you'll be taken to fill up your payment details to set up or renew your payment method." Basically much the same layout as most. Just that this one looks quite good till the last bit! All helps to keep us alert!

Talking of scams, I had an interesting and very convincing one from "Amazon"

They said that someone had hacked my account. "Had I ordered an Apple phone" and they assured me that they would not ask me for any details etc.

THe interesting thing was that they wanted me to answer an email with a link but I had to use a tablet or smart phone.

My Chromebook could not be used.

At this point I hung up and got Amazon to phone me. This conformed the scam.

Half an hour later the woman from the original caller got back to me. For some unkown reason she seemed to get very upset and offended by my response. I wonder why, after all I only advised her on her ancestory and personal habits

Edited By Peter Miller on 30/08/2020 12:00:30