Hello from a complete newbie

Callum Fraser

Advert

Thanks for that Shaun. I am hanging on to my 35Mhz Rxs at the moment not ready to move to 2.4Ghz. There are lots of cheap 35Mhz Rxs around both new nd second hand. Can you open up your private message link by enabling it in your profile. Then we can message each other without clogging up Callums thread. Please respond using the message member link at the end of this message.

Looking currently at the http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=4628&Desc=

But it says it works with ppm and pcm selectable... what does it mean pcm selectable?... would it be cheaper to get a pcm rather than a 8 ch Futaba FP-R138DP (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Futaba-FP-R138DP-8-channel-35MHz-PCM-receiver-RX_W0QQitemZ170272721282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170272721282&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)? and will that one be compattable?(slightly differant model number to the one that al's hobbies says)

The Rx you link to is PCM and is compatible with the 6EX. PPM Rx are cheaper to buy new and are usually cheaper second hand. PPM and PCM are methods of encoding the Tx signals when they are sent to the Rx. PCM will be better at rejecting spurious signals as will Duel conversion. It will depend on where you fly what will be best for you I use almost all PPM Single conversion (they are cheap) and have little problem with glitching.

As standard the 6EX comes with 136F this is cheap and cheerful but works fine for me. I picked one up brand new for £25 recently. Normally with Futaba Rx if it has a P in it it is PCM F for PPM and D for duel conversion. I have used many different Rx from different manufacturers (you can mix and mach with PPM but not PCM) and I have found them all to be acceptable. One of my favorites are Corona micro Rx. Google corona receivers to find suppliers.

ha ha ha. in my bank account at the moment is about £150 left of my overdraft. i realy cant afford a new one... Best i can do at the moment is money for x-mas and see if that can do it...

I do have a job atm, so my funds are going up nicely, but still... when you have a 2k overdraft some things are a little more important. Once i have about 300-400 im hoping to start properly thinking about buying a Rx/Tx and model...etc.

Currently im just keeping an eye on E-bay and aquiring bits and bobs cheaply.

For example: just bought a Futaba G155 Gyro for 99p (+£5 p+p Steep postage, but for 99p on the unit itself i cant realy complain).

I know what your all thinking, as a learner I dont need a gyro, but I have an 'project' in mind that i would like to do at some point, and I cannot say no to a £5.99 gyro.