New regs

Rich Griff

I am back in the aeromodeling/radio control model aircraft hobby again after many years, at least 20. I have re joined the bmfa as a country member, as my nearest club, Llyn, Penrhos, is some miles away.

Whilst a Llyn club member I achieved the A powered flight award and was at the time fully ready for the B test, and gained the Bronze slope soaring achievement.

I have no intention of doing any r/c flying untill the spring etc. apart from indoor mini cooper stuff. I may fly the 2 channel r/e powered glider and the 2 channel slope soarer a/e planes for training/re training to get back into the swing of things rather than straight in with the wot4 ish ( shadow, ian silcocks ) 4 channel plane.

Where can I take the new competence test for model flying please ?

I consider myself to be a re newbie.

Advert

Given the significant changes in regulations since the OP’s last flights I would say it is worth taking the CAA or BMFA competency test anyway even if the A cert can be found. Doing either should only take 15-20 mins to do and should be straightforward with a quick review of the drone code beforehand (you can also leave it open in another window whilst you take the test, though most questions can be answered using common sense). You may find the BMFA one slightly easier as it is more aligned to traditional LOS flying, but you will still need to understand the changes in law around FPV, flying near groups of uninvolved persons etc.

Edited By MattyB on 18/12/2020 09:34:37