Bmfa gomembership problem

Rich Griff

It's not the CAA op I'd number that's an issue, it's the expiry date that is incorrect, on the Bmfa site...

Email from CAA arrived this morning, the first email from the CAA to me, ever.

On the Bmfa site, the bit that says when your membership expires, below that box another box appears about CAA op I'd.

I paid my CAA subs yesterday via Bmfa admin, thanks Bmfa, brilliant service.

I had 2 confirmation emails, and got the CAA number this morning.

I checked with gomembership and eventually saw the 2 boxes mentioned. The CAA box said that the I'd number expires in 3 months time ?

Work that one out.

No worries as I will not be going flying for a while so time to sort this mistake out.

Advert

20 minutes ago, Romeo Whisky said:

I've just updated the email address on my BMFA profile, but it won't let me change my logon Username from the previous one to the new email address.

Does anyone knbow how to change the Username in the User Profile?

I suspect that is how the "Azolve system" identifies you, so may be difficult to change and not a simple job.

Perhaps the BMFA office can do it for you with some behind the scenes work - a bit like the moderators on this forum have additional editing options.

Dick

Thanks BMFA, great service !

Just waiting for libraries to open so can print off pdf's etc for my home records and "flying file" which I will take with me when I venture out, all legal like.

If challenged and you have the paperwork with you, then there is no doubt/problem, they can be produced there and then.

I will also print out article 16, bits of the ANO and the Bmfa blue quick guide etc. for my flying file.

Just waiting for my fliers number...and April 10th, my "guilt free right of passage" or "release date, suub's ".

Edited by Rich Griff

A lot of the trouble seems to be due to what the expiry date of your current registration is shown on the system. BMFA can't apply for a new number more than 28 days prior to the old one's expiry, hence I think why there has been some confusion and perceived delay. At least that's how I understand things according to an Email I got from from Andy, when I raised a question.

I suppose you could lose sleep over all this, but if you've paid your £9 and are on the system, if all you've had to date is the old number pending its replacement at whatever time it expires, then AFAIA just carry on with it and don't worry. 

Edited by Cuban8

having registered with CAA in November 2019 and took thier test although i have "A" cert [ being nosey about questions ] so gained OP No and Flyer ID No, my point being that i can`t update my details on gomembership site to tell BMFA that i am legal, would it not be possible to be able to do this having done action before BMFA membership was due,IE Nov 8th. had email from CAA in Nov 2020 to renew so if going through BMFA now would be month out . just want to let BMFA know my numbers.

If you email Bmfa admin I am sure they can sort out any problem you may have.

They keep records and can look up data etc..

Give them time to sort out problems as I know they will be busy boys and girls.

They have been really good with my particular problems and have sorted everything asked, emailing pdf's etc. so I can get them printed off when the public libraries open again.

I was a member and "rejoined" in late December after a good 20 years break.

Thanks Bmfa !

Stay safe out there and remember safe flying is no accident !

Can't quite remember but that slogan may be a map one ?

Edited by Rich Griff