DX 8 Problem ????

tigerman

Just brought a new DX8 .IT is all OK and works fine but the LED Display if I leave it in a cold room is hard to read but if you move to a warmer room and give the transmitter time to warm it is fine .Is this normal or do I have a problem with the DX8 

Keep TXs away from extremes of temp change both cold and hot - my 2012 DX7's display goes completely black if I inadvertently leave it it full summer sun for ten or fifteen minutes but returns to normal when put in shade for a while. Different display technologies react in varying degrees, but most devices based on liquid crystals will not like operating in extremes of temp, usually becoming sluggish or losing definition. I have a DX8G2 and haven't noticed any display problems, but I'm very careful to keep it out of full sun and feel the cold far too much to be out in temps that would affect it anyway!

My car satnav is clever enough to give a warning and shut down when it gets too hot in direct sunlight under the windscreen.

Edited by Cuban8