Unbelievable

Former Member

Advert

Yes I did wonder..... what also had me a bit sceptical was that a video of this exact same thing happening to a model was circulating a few years back.  Also, he seemed to be almost delaying the landing and deliberately enjoying doing knife edge spins and passes before "bothering" to try and bring her in!

It's a fake guys, a good one, but fake none-the-less.

When the wing comes off the aircraft rolls the wrong way for starters!!  and the roll (even if it were going the right way) is way too 'controlled' for a reaction roll for an aircraft having just lost a wing panel!

Also the way the prop stops at the end is pretty unrealistic in my opinion.  You are right Tim, there are vids of large aerobatic models suffering the same problem in flight - they are real and they show some mean knife edge recovery flying too!  Hats off to that!!

but not to this one... other than the super computer editing of course

Mr Moderator

When this was first posted I think it gave a link that did not work.

I posted with a ? and did not untick the email box response

I have been receiving emails indicating new posts, which suggests must have posted?

My most recent post was to stop emails

Was this the position?

The OP requested that I delete his original post ans subsequent replies as he had supplied a duff link. This I did. Yours may well have been one of the early replies to this OP ( I have hundreds of forum postings to deal with every day apart from many more PMs etc ) and if this and a few others had not been deleted also, the thread would have made no sense.

I do not understand the bit about your recent post being to stop emails ?

Timbo

I appear not to be making myself clear.

The situation I was indicaing to you was my understanding as how to stop receiving notifications which was to edit my original posting and untick the box.  As this posting had been removed by yourself I was  unable to edit.                    Yes/No?

I can find no place in my profile where I select to be notified or not.  Perhaps you can advise.

Sorry that I appear to have highjacked the original post

Yep, Gremlins I am afraid Phil.

You are probably aware that the site is undergoing some significant changes, and we are currently in the testing stage. David and the techy guys are working hard to develop this, but the current site still requires a lot of day to day  "managing" - especially as it is so busy and now has over 10000 members!

Hopefully these sorts of things will not be so prevelant ( notice I didnt say they will disappear ) in the shiny new site which will hopefully be up and running early next year. One problem many folk seem to experience is NOT reciving notifications of posts...and they often stumble across them by chance.

We know....

Hamish McNab wrote (see)

Timbo

I appear not to be making myself clear.

The situation I was indicaing to you was my understanding as how to stop receiving notifications which was to edit my original posting and untick the box.  As this posting had been removed by yourself I was  unable to edit.                    Yes/No?

I can find no place in my profile where I select to be notified or not.  Perhaps you can advise.

Sorry that I appear to have highjacked the original post

To stop receiving email notifications of new posts in a thread, you can do one of the following 2 x courses of action.

1) The  next time an email arrives notifying you of a new post, choose the option, in that email, that "stops" further notifications from beig sent. You are then no longer "subscribed" to that thread.

2) In your profile page there is a section called "my forum" and then a subsection called "forum notifications" in a red banner section. Drop the "window" down and choose from the list of subscribed threads those to which you no longer wish to be subscribed. 

If you are still having difficulty, let me know and I will access your  profile page /preferences and do it for you.

HTH