Best source for wheels?

Slec grey hub air wheels for me as per dad_flyer's post. JP sell some that look identical, in white. Seem to last for a very long time and don't decompose when exposed to a two stroke.

My experience, those lightweight foam ones get a bit soft and soggy in glow models.  

11 hours ago, Nigel R said:

Slec grey hub air wheels for me as per dad_flyer's post. JP sell some that look identical, in white. Seem to last for a very long time and don't decompose when exposed to a two stroke.

My experience, those lightweight foam ones get a bit soft and soggy in glow models.  

Thanks Nigel - the plane in question is electric, so no fuel-decomposition problems. I don't know who "JP" refers to...?

rgds Tony

13 hours ago, Dad_flyer said:

The SLEC ones are reasonably light for an airwheel. Much nicer than a foam wheel, I have not compared weights directly but they are not heavy.

https://www.slecuk.com/wheels/wheel-with-grey-hub

Similar available from other model shops.

I like the idea of air-filled instead of foam, and SLEC has some at 88mm diameter that would suit, at a fair price - but so far as I can see, their postage charges start at a basic five quid...

rgds Tony

23 minutes ago, Nigel R said:

"JP" = J Perkins, e.g. these

Thanks Nigel - I took a look. They're foam wheels, like most, and I like the idea of those air-filled ones that SLEC sell. They just confirmed to me their postage - I think a fiver minimum p&p is too much given the low cost of the wheels, though. Seems I can buy three foam wheels 95mm dia on Ebay from HK for a tenner incl p&p... Anyway, these recommendations are informative, much appreciated.

rgds Tony

Edited by Tony Harrison 2
forgot something

The best source of wheels is probably to take them from an old model!

The postage from SLEC would probably cover many more items, and their range of fittings and balsa means they surely would have something else you or a clubmate would need soon.

1 hour ago, kc said:

The best source of wheels is probably to take them from an old model!

The postage from SLEC would probably cover many more items, and their range of fittings and balsa means they surely would have something else you or a clubmate would need soon.

I’ve always noticed, fly past,  2 meters up, 5 out, and the wheels always look good, as in round. And that’s a slow pass. Now I spend good money on good wheels, but on nice airframes. 
Hacks, trainers, they break in the end.