“Vintage” Futaba radio

ceejay

Hello after some advice here 

on a day of clearing out workshop after lockdown and upcoming retirement I felt the need to de clutter

and carefully stored away is a complete little if ever used futaba M series 6 radio set still in its box

I mean everything including crystals, coloured ribbons, servo,s, Rx, servo mounts and a charger there’s some other bits I need to empty the box to see what is there

I’m gonna get some photos later when wifey lets me have the dining table as a photo booth ?

so question is wot do I do with it is it of interest to the vintage modelling groups and or collectors of such if so what’s it’s likely worth these days it’s not been out of its box for decades, help?

chris

Advert

Just found another treasure

an old free flight, c/line support box complete with two tins of deisel fuel. Still smells luvverly wedge tanks primer bottle etc gonna have a root in it when it’s daylight I might get thrown out if I start messing with ether based fuel in kitchen??

• Like 1

Can be converted to 2.4gHz still using the original encoder part of the PCB. Or, can be totally replaced with another encoder + 2.4gHz 'hack' module. It all depends on whether you want to use the set for the 'retro' look/feel and are happy with the feel of the sticks. If you have more modern Tx with better sticks and are not into the retro scene then it's probably better to pass it on to some one else. Mode Zero is a site, amongst others, that deals with conversions and other retro RC. Give it a look to see the conversions/various encoders and if that dose not appeal then I'm sure you'll find a buyer there. Home site  , open 2.4 conversion tab to see some past examples. There are also Facebook groups dealing with conversions.

HTH

Must admit never thought of conversion I’ve held it and twiddled the sticks and the feel quite nice like new in fact

I do like a nice vintage model and can see the appeal of flying one with a period radio but I can’t see me ever building a 6 channel classic model anytime so it may be destined for a new home

just signed up to mode zero to see what’s afoot I see that a mate of mine is on there so when they let me post I’ll get messaging to him

Hi Phil

chris