Ripmax resonses

I am a little disapointed by Ripmax in their lack of resonse to phone calls, E-mails and letters. They have replaced my original Futaba 6Ex 2.4 Ghz Tx via the replacement programme. They have also supplied me with a another Tx replacement due to a operation problem.

After the second replacement their responses have dried up!.

Anybody got any other positive or negative things to say about Ripmax?

Advert

Eric,

I think it is a bit harsh to say this is cross posting. Trevor has obviously thought this through and decided he wanted this in a different thread because it is about Ripmax not about his specific Tx problems. I agree that perhaps he should have left out some of his comments about Ripmax in the other thread so there is less of alink between the two.

Just my view.

• 1 month later...

Happy new year

Was thinking that ripmax could take a leap into the 21st century and be much more open re the infromation on thier radio outfits, have numerous problems and questions I would like a response to but am reluctant to call ripmax as when you ask a question they do not appear to like the phone goes silent. Most of the info I have managed to get is via the American Futaba web site but they no longer respond to outsiders. Can anyone help please

Futaba mz tm14 2.4 gig module aerial position as no ideal position (vertical) is not possible?

Futaba rx over heating is this a problem in our country there is contradictory info re wrapping rx in foam to protect from vibration and leaving it open mounted on "servo" tape?

Futaba rx aerial positioning what is the best possible eg both aerials at rt angles horizontaly or verticaly.

Dave Happy New Year to you as well I don't think the aerial position is critical other than the two of them be at right angles to each other. the R/X overheating issues seem to be restricted to the 6014 R/X and only seem to have occured in the vey hottest parts of the USA ie Nevada N. Mexico etc and then usually when the receiver is under a clear canopy and left to cook in the sun, so unlikely to be an issue here in Blighty (specially at the moment) I've been flying two 6014s in large scale aerobats for a while with no issues at all. Futaba do say not to wrap them in foam as this exacerbates the heat problems so I have mine sat on a  recessed foam pad and held there with a velcro cinch strap. The only other issue with the 6014 is that it has a reduced signal voltage and some none Futaba servos will not work without some form of signal amplification.

P.S I personally wouldn't use servo tape to mount R/Xs as it transmits too much vibration

Thankyou very much ultymate for you advice will revise the rx mounting ideas was aware of the reduced signal output got that from the ff10 manual, have been using the tx with the aerial at 45deg approx this appears to be ok but as the only 2.4 gig in use at the time not a valid test?

best wishes Happy landings

ps would stick a photo on the do dah but would as likley crash the site

Dave

I have had a couple of reasons to contact Ripmax, never found them very helpful.  Most recent was waiting 5 months for a OS engine part, I will never spend my money again on OS as I feel a good after sales service should be as good as the product and if you have to wait half  a season for a spare part what is the point.  Second time I requested help from the Ripmax engineer on the order to replace the pump components in a replacement pump holder (the one I waited over 5 months for) for an OS 70 Ultimate, they could not tell me how to do this, so if I would like to use this engine again I will have to spend another £40 plus to replace a component which I already have; yes I know I can try refitting the parts myself but trial and error is not the best thing to do.  I have also had after service dealings with "Gluiders & RCV" and both their service, advice and spares supply have always been exceptional and deserve to be recognised

Sadly I have to agree with Dave Sanderson I have ordered quite a few things at my local model shop that are listed in the ripmax cat and never been able to get them, someone should remind them that they need customers to survive and as such should value them .

I recently bought a spektrum dx6i and the welcome email that came back after I registered the purchase was most pleasing.

WAKE UP RIPMAX  YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY SUPPLIER OUT THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PARAMOUNT.

DAVE

• 4 weeks later...
Contrary to one or two posters I've raised a few problems direct with Ripmax and had nothing but satisfactory responses. 

...even to the extent that they sourced some replacement parts for sub-standard items in a Kyosho kit after they had ceased being their agents.

...and honoured a "warranty" claim for an (unused) OS engine at least 5 years old with a manufacturing fault, that was bought second hand from a retiring club member.

You may also be interested to know that (at least, according to what I was told by Ripmax) that after being contacted by a customer whose club had identified a specific set of circumstances with the then new 2.4 GHz transmitters leading to an incident that it was their own engineers that identified the ability of the firmware to reset the idetification code to 00000 if the affected units were switched off and on within a timeframe of a few milliseconds either side of half a second after start-up and I'm told that they pressed Futaba for a resolution which they duly implimented with the recall.  This information was given to me freely and openly with a request for reasonable confidence until they could organise a proper notification via the model trade and press.

I must stress that I have no connection with them other than as an ordinary customer but I feel strongly that credit should be given where it's due.

I can't say that I have had the same sort of response from a couple of the other major distributors though...

• 4 months later...
See my post under All Things Flying - SP113 Epoxy Resin.

Still awaiting the promised call back.  Web site is still showing only one affected batch when there is DEFINITELY a problem with at least one other batch.  You could ruin a perfectly good wing if you try glass skinning with a  wrong mix.  (Or in my case loose £80 of exotic carbon cloth).

Shops are none the wiser as they only have the web info. 

I tried to help by advising them of the ongoing problem but got the impression they thought they had done enough. 

Edited By Paul Newell 2 on 17/06/2009 16:58:16

Hi all, i telephoned Ripmax last week about my 6EX 2.4 TX and asked if mine coule be one affected by the oo.oo coding.
I was asked to remove the battery and send it back, the new one arrived today!!!
Very good service considering that i had bought the 6EX last ( 08 ) March and not used it.

Credit where it is due, Ripmax were very friendly on the 'phone, very quick turn around.
Well done and thank you Ripmax.

Regards as always
Chris.