My First Build-Magnetila

Yes that is correct Timbo,but if the batt. socket has the battery connected to it,you move the battery plug to an unused socket in my case the gear socket then you as you say put the bind plug into the now vacant batt.socket.The problem has arisen because I have been supplied with switches that are not compatibkle with the Spectrum Bind Plug.

Advert

At the moment Myron its nothing ,but its usually cars..Ive just come in with a frozen head trying to sell a Saab t/Diesel to a chap and failed.My flying instructor just came in no one flew today and  I thought Id missed out,but we tested the workshop with his heli and it worked a treat.So now its plan B indoor flying in the workshop for stick time.

So today was the day ,No wind,clear vision and sunny.So, down to the strip,run the engine in and maiden flight.I have to say this is when being in a club comes into its own.Whilst I unloaded  to the strip my instructor flew hisLimbo Dancer, then gave me immense and undivided attention.Checked the model over, and after going from 1 starter to much bigger we had a burst from the new OS40LS..,then nought.Discovered the fuel feed pipe had come off.Tank out mop up,and an age with narrow nosed pliers a new piece of pipe in place,and back to try again.Whilst im doing this there is a load bang and the only 2 people flying have had a midair shunt 1 landing and 1 spiralling in with a wing gone.So.after lunch with a struggle we get the engine running and after a couple of tanks my instructor re checks the model ground trims and we  are ready to fly.What a sensational feeling to at last see your first build actually in the air allbeit in someone elses hands.Landed refuelled more trimming on the ground,another take off ,bit more trimming and its hands free,then a wheel fell off.my instructor landed safely and I had a nice walk to retrieve the wheel,then they tried to send me back for the collett.On my return a member thrust a controller in my hand and I flew his glider,how relaxing.I bought a Greensleeve at the bring and buy and look forward to flying that,but what a fantastic day,pity my camera battery was flat,next time.

• 2 weeks later...
Im not happy with the way ive held the tank in position,it doesnt seem secure enough ,so im rethinking that whilst I get on with the Flair Cub.Even though Im trying to decide on the next project already.Maybe I should wait for the Choose a model  thread to end .