My First Build-Magnetila

Advert

I checked last evening and the engine bearers look straight and the engine sits on them perfectly.I will change the bolt tonight and do a photo from the front to ensure you think everything looks satisfactory..I spent all evening mounting the cowl,im pleased with the result.Most Magnatilla s Ive seen seem to have an extra extension between the bulkhead and cowl because the distance between the engine and bulkhead are to wide for the cowl provided.
I would like your opinion on how ive done this and will post photos on saturday.Have a lovely Xmas, I will, Im on my own so I can spend a couple of days building,as long as I have enough extension leads.If the weather is good Boxing day My instructor will give me a lesson,and not in how to make gravey thicker.

Last night I  covered the ailerons,fitted them and fitted the horns and connecting rods.I then fitted the receiver,bound it,and it breathed life,all but in reverse.I had this awful high pitched sound when moving the throttle, and discovered it is the on board glow telling me it is working at low throttle,I was confused because the throttle also is working in reverse.I just need to check the book on reversing now.

A bit OTT Eric

I will agree that there does not appear to be sufficient through air.  Being constructive, this can be achieved by bringing the cowl forwards a few mm and/or alternatively increasing the area at the exhaust..

Does an engine get that hot that it melts a crock clip, supplied for the purpose??

Yes the ally plates would have looked better if the had trimmed neater.  Fall apart? no chance, unless you have little faith in nyloc nuts.

Nice looking model and with that finish it sticks out

Edit  What is not shown in the photos is that the cowl is not totally enclosing the fuselage for all its circumference.  The bottom of the fuselage is flat with a considerable hole for ventilation

Well lets hope you have a day like today, absolutely very little wind making it so easy to fly in.  Had my Magnattila up for about six flights.  It was way down at about 1/4 throttle and just swanned about the sky ignoring all the busy bees buzzing about, hither and tither There is something about a 4 stroke in this type of model that make it a joy to watch and listen to.

Good luck for Thursday and the weather  looks good up here and hope you get the same

To the field today and much praise from the club members for my 1st build plus a couple of helpful hints.Didnt get a flight however because the on board glow flattened its battery before the engine fired up.Im going to take it off and fit .an external extension onto the cowl instead as they felt it was a bit over the top.

Hi Eric Ive pluggedthe red plug into thr receiver.Idid the same on the Boomerang but that is ok.I did have a problem with binding because the switch and bind plug were not compatible,I could see the connections did not match but I got round this by plugging the bind plug into the gear connector.In fact if I remember I put the battery plug onto gear and the bind plug into gear and that allowed me to bind.I did the same thing on the Boomerang,am I getting the wrong switches.

If you are using Spektrum ( and I dont know whether you are ) then your description of how you managed to bind the Rx and Tx is impossible - you can ONLY connect the bind plug ( which is nothing more than a shorting link ) into the batt /bind socket on the Rx.

It WILL NOT work in any other socket.

You can however plug the battery into any free socket, but I repeat, NOT the bind plug.

Yes I am using spectrum,and that was the only way I was able to bind it.Ihave flown the Boomerang so it did work. I know it was not the way the instructions told me to do it but it was obvious fron the wiring it wasnt going to connect the way they said because the terminals didnt match up because on the bind plug the wires are connected to the outside terminals and on the socket they are next to each other, but Timbo it did Bind! Ive just checked with the shop and I have connected the switch correctly.